Friday, March 4, 2011

Change

Life is a total changearound now that Jaden started his therapy classes.

Although its only a 4day week class, 2 hours each with a one hour interval before the next but well, it sure have changed both Jaden and my daily schedule.

Good in a way, which I think it should have been like that in the first place but the very thought of sleeping in the morning is so tempting.

These days, if I have prepared his 'breakfast' the night before, then I will have the luxury of waking up at about 830am, half hour before Jaden but if I were to prepare a whole new breakfast for him, then it would have to be earlier. I, will then, konk out the same time Jaden goes to nap.

The first day of class was rather pleasant for him and his team of therapists but then again, that was only for show. Like his god-ma Gwen said, the novelty has worn off. Right on the second day, he threw mini tantrums which both Hubby and I could hear from the room. Thankfully it did not last through the whole 2 hours of class. If not ... *faint* !!!

Well thanks to the early morning get up schedule for Jaden, now, we all go to bed at about 1030pm / 11pm and he will be fast asleep latest by 12am. Now, this might sound still a bit too late for a child to go to bed but well, its already a huge cry difference from the hours he used to sleep. Trust me, you don't want to know.

In order to let him be tired out by 1030pm, I only allow him to nap for about an hour or an hour half, either at about 1pm (when he has no class on that day) or 3pm right after his class. So far, things are going quite smoothly and I hope it stays that way or gets even better.

and as for his milestone development, well, we will only know after a month or two after he gets used to worktime and playtime in his therapy classes and from there, hopefully I can move him on to occupational therapy and speech therapy. Keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: