Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mr Yap turns 18

Mr Yap turns 18 today, or so he thinks. *sigh* I guess when someone reaches a certain age, they just go into denial that these numbers are going up.

Anyway, I know deep down inside that Jaden and I would not be able to celebrate Mr Yap's birthday with him but I did not want him to feel as if it was just another day. He has 364 days to feel that way but I do believe that a birthday must be celebrated, at least with a cake to blow out the candles so the birthday person can make a birthday wish.

Cheesy, isn't it but I really do believe in birthday wishes, that is why I always stressed that there must be a birthday cake no matter what, small or big, bite size or not that comes with a candle. =)

I decided to give him a surprise dinner with his work friends, whom he has been hanging quite a bit with for all the drinking, late night prosperity burgers and karaoke sessions. I emailed them early January to asked if they are free during the 19th Jan dinnertime and if they would like to attend the dinner.


Then, after I got all the green lights from the boys, I called the restaurant and made reservations, have them emailed over the drink and food menu. I let the boys pick their own main course while I picked the appetizers and the 'surprise'.

The night before, I finally got to give Mr Yap his birthday present which I have bought since August last year but well, that won't be seeing any light until his 2007 birthday present is used till it tears. I have a penchant to have always wanted to get him something like that. I actually was planning on an LV but then again, when YC was in Paris, he already got Gwen and I two LV bags and Paris boutique only allow one passport one purchase policy. Damnit!

Maybe next time...

Anyway, I know Mr Yap was suspecting something but I am very sure he didn't know what it was. Any idiot that knows me would know that his friends will be there of course, but how its gonna be celebrated, he didn't know.



I sent him up the restaurant while I told him I needed to go pick something up with Jaden first, which is around the corner and we are already late for our reservations... so the Birthday Boy went up the stairs and well, the rest is history..




Well, I did go pick something up with Jaden. We went to pick up the birthday cake and have the restaurant manager come take from me from the car... bet they didn see the cake coming? or maybe they didnt see the babe coming... =) =)



All in all, it was money well spent to see my big baby happy...

Now, that this is done, shit! Its time I start thinking of something new for next year... =) or maybe I will just cook this time round when 2012 comes. *gRin*

All I am hoping for is that he had a wonderful birthday and that he enjoyed the one special day of his. Nobody ought not to celebrate their own birthday!


Happy Birthday Mr Yap!


love,

Mrs Yap





p/s: pictures are all stolen off Justin/Eddy/Kenwei's twitpic! =)


No comments: