Monday, January 17, 2011

Fibroadenoma of mine

is about 3.8cm in diameter. Big isn't it?

So what is a fibroadenoma? Hmm.. google it or click here and you will find out more.

I went for my 11am appointment today with Dr Kwan and well, lets just say he had me checked thoroughly, sending me for an ultrasound to be done by a radiologist and then, well, the outcome, I will be send in to the OT after the CNY holidays to have it removed.

Dr Kwan did give me two options.

One is surgery and the other is to have the needle biopsy but being a scaredy cat, I don't think I can take a needle poking into my breast, even if they apply the anesthetic there so I took option one and would rather have him slit open a small part of the breast to remove the whole lump and send it for testing.

I would really have to give it to TMC for being a really nice, friendly, efficient hospital with helpful friendly staff all around.

Well, the removal of this breast mouse of mine will come with a price but Dr Kwan assured me that in time, the breast tissue will start growing again so... *phew* already nearly as flat as the airport runway with a few bumps, I might just be a deflated balloon. Sad case eh? well, but its all for the greater good and the peace of mind, knowing I removed something that can hurt me so much from inside.

I would be require to stay over a night at the hospital when time comes so he can have me under observation under post-op and so I can also have a proper rest without having to worry that Jaden will come headbang me anytime right after the op.

Hmm.. since the hospital is just like 6 minutes drive away from my place, I think I would most probably cab there and have someone fetch me home after. Gawd! Guess I will be the earliest one to be rolled into the operation theatre that day as mine will start at 830am.

Now, that these has been diagnosed and solution is on the way, it is time I get my insurance claim going so I won't be delayed back in the hospital when discharged.

No comments: