Saturday, December 25, 2010

C'est la vie


The company was on a holiday break yesterday. So, Hubby decided to take some time off for himself and go catchup with some movies and also to help me exchange some foreign currencies that I will be needing next month. The exchange rates look pretty good compared to the time I had them exchanged so I am really wondering now that if he managed to do so. Haven't got round to asking him that yet.

Anyway, it was nothing unfair to shout about that Hubby got his time off to himself because without him at home, I got to download my songs, watch my drama online and also to handle Jaden (who is much more easier to handle when he is with me alone). I finally got to fried rice with fresh bacon strips (not the one bought pre-packed with preservatives in them; the one we need to marinate it with salt n pepper on our own) and he loved it. Actually, in order to have the rice salty without adding salt or soya sauce, I cooked the rice with his leftover bahkutteh soup so it was just nice and salty enough to be fried together with his bacon strips which I cut up to small pieces. The boy ate it and wanted more. Maybe next time, next week maybe...

For dinner, I cooked him sweet sour pork that tasted not bad too. Something that Jaden will eat without throwing any fuss or resistant. I seriously need to research more GFCF asian recipes to expand his menu. Poor little boy has been eating almost the same old boring stuff back to back but I can be such a cooking noob; ok lah... at least I think I can cook better than I can bake. =)

Hubby went out close to about 11hours. Somehow in this relationship, *touch wood*, but for this moment, I don't have any doubts about him or trust issues to argue with him about. Unlike my previous relationships, even if they just say that they will be going out without me, I would be feeling damn jittery, anxious and curious and of course, I get very suspicious.. but for Hubby, my suspicious instincts as a woman just doesn't start working so I guess its a pretty good relationship that I am in. I can't say that for him feeling the same way as I do but well, what can a mother like me with a child possibly do? Whenever I go out, even if I were on my own and there are cute boys out there, its just a matter of ok, hes cute but so what? I have a cuter boy at home which I love too much to want to share my attention with someone else.

OK, anyway side-tracked.

Back to when Hubby came home and I was just about to put the boy to bed. Both the boys would usually spend their quality playtime together before bedtime. Yea, instead of helping the boy wind down, both of them riled up so much fun that the boy sometimes just refuse to stop playing with the father. The laughter, the baby giggless and of course, after that shouting for mommy for help (either or big / small one) usually if it is the big one that it will be mommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyy, if its the small one, then it will be the crying. *sigh* what will they do without me?

I took the opportunity to leave both of them inside the room while I quickly wallop my supper which Hubby bought back for me and then I came in to the room to see this...

Jaden's Christmas present.. or so it seem...


Prepping Hubby's elbow for a good bite...



Are you ready, Daddy? (look at that mischievous grin!)



Sniffing and then ....



VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!


The boy seemed to have a wonderful time, look at those cheeky grin on his face as he lets his father anticipate the bite on the elbow and the victory laugh after. *sigh* Those two boys of mine can really bring the house down if you let them. *shakes head* and this is all before bedtime. BEFORE BEDTIME I tell you.. and I have to be the party pooper and chased the big one out of the room while I demand the small one to sleep ...

C'est la vie~

No comments: