Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sesame Street Live 2010 @ KL


Eversince I heard that Sesame Street was coming to town, I knew I had to get my hands on the ticket so Jaden would be able to go and watch and enjoy the show, one of the few shows that he would recognize the characters. Afterall, his first VCD was Sesame Street.









Then, when the time came, ticket price announced, I was a little devastated because it was quite highly priced. RM155 for the 1st tier seating and they charge kids full price too. Well, even with the Toys'R'Us Starcard, you get a 10% off but that would still come up to about RM420. So I thought I would let it slide until just a week before Sesame Street Live starts showing, the advertisement came on TV and Jaden got really excited and happy just seeing it. I knew I had to get it no matter how much it cost then.













Robbing my Hubby his money, I drove down to One Utama Axcess Ticket outlet and bought 3 tickets for 20% off. Who says sometimes getting your tickets late is a no good thing. It beats buying early bird 10% promotion. *gRin*













We went for the opening night and boy! It was happy-fyings! Hubby is finally meeting Cookie Monster in person after 31 years of his life and Elmo was just plain obscene naked but cute! Jaden enjoyed himself tremendously. He laughed, he sat and watched, he concentrated. He loved it! Money totally well spent!






Storyline was good, the characters were lovely and well-designed. Background sets were nicely done up. The only thing is Grover put on weight! Songs were nice and I think almost everybody in the hall that night had fun!



I have only one complaint and that is after paying so much for the show, they should at least offer some picture taking opportunities with the kids, even if that mean charging money because I am sure most parents would not mind forking out another few ringgit for their kids to take picture with their favourite Sesame Street monster.









BUT it is all good. The whole of SimonYap clan loved it! The boys are happy, I am happy.






p/s: Seeing how Jaden enjoyed it, laughed at some parts made me tear up just because I realized he is growing up so fast. Where did my baby go?? =)

No comments: