Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rest In Peace

This month itself, I received two bleak news. Death.

Like what dictionary.com phrased it, "The inevitable end of human life is death."

It is inevitable yet we humans are fearsome of it because it meant the end. The end to all things beautiful and more if we could live a minute more it seems.

Joy was the first one to pass on this news to me. She found it out of curiosity and it turned out to be mutual friend we knew back in our college days.

In fact, she was a girl we once looked up to and was so bowl-over that she actually spoke to us and offered us a job where many college girls would have wanted.

I remember her as one of the prettiest girl I'd ever seen and that she was one of the nicest girl. Despite being a senior and someone with looks, she was pretty much humble and easy to talk to. That was how Joy and I remembered her by.

I bumped into her at a wedding dinner 5 years ago and surprisingly she still remembered me. It was kind of flattering in a way because, I, a nobody now and then, and she still remembers me. I think I have a photo taken with her somewhere in the jerk of an ex of mine. The last I saw of her..

and then the news. I remembered everything about her. Her birthday. 070779. She has just turned 31 a month ago and a month later...

I hope you rest in peace, Julia Chuah.

The second news about death is hubby's work colleague's girlfriend. Although I do not the girl, I knew the guy and his very words of "I miss her so much" makes me tear up everytime. I felt his loss, his emptiness, his longing for her to be in his arms again.

Hubby told me that the man broke down when hubby gave him a hug at the wake. I got all emotional again.

It just hit me hard that we should cherish the every living moment we have with everybody around us. To cherish and be grateful for every second of our heartbeat. You never know what the next hour might bring.

It is indeed a month of sadness when news like that hits you, and it hits you hard just because deep inside, we all know that death is indeed inevitable.

May these two girls rest in peace. God Bless their soul.

No comments: