Monday, January 25, 2010

Venting frustation..

I have kept it inside me for almost a year.. I need to vent it out and forget about it.. damnit!

Last year, we had a big project and one of them, we needed to sub out the work. I have got this guy who says that he will do it.. so I sent him one work at a time.. just for translation.. yes, it will only take the most maz 2 hours to translate the whole thing.. anyway I gave him two days to complete it.. Lets call him L.

So the conversations went something like that..

on the first day:-

"Well, its rather long bout 2k-3k words but only needs simple Malay. I myself can finish it in 3 hrs without distractions and I thought of you that you might want to earn some bucks. The faster you finish one, I will hand you another one and you can earn more...."

"If you are interested, I will send you one now.." this conversation took place at 1am in the morning...

Trust me, the pay we are paying for these translations are quite high.. not the journalists translating press releases type of money but well, it is still high...

So at about 5pm later during the day, I smsed L and asked him if he was half way done...


He replied me back saying yea, half way doing it...

at 11pm, I smsed him again how was it coming along...

I was expecting maybe err.. "I am finished?"

but nope.. no reply from him then.. FINE..

I smsed him again the next day, at about 4pm.. and said "Hey, you have got to update me on the process. How is it?"

No reply.. I called his phone.. He didn't pick up his phone.. FINE.. I left voice messages because I was getting kan chiong.. I mean if he didn't do it or not interested in it, at least let me know so I can quickly pass it on to someone who wants more work from me...

I smsed him the third day, the day he is supposed to hand the work back to me ALL DONE.. and this is what I said, "Hey L, my dateline is tomorrow night and I have to hand it over the next day 9am sharp. I need to look through, edit if theres need to.. so I really really need you to update me on your side.. please do let me know. Thanks"

NO REPLY.. NOT PICKING UP MY CALLS EITHER....

I tell you, I have never really felt so TL in my life.. so I decided to call J, whom I know L is spending the night over at and demanded to speak to L there. I actually thought I would give L face and call him on his phone first.. but still not picking my calls or replying me back...

So when I finally called J and demanded to speak to L, he has the nerve to be whispering back there telling J to tell me he is not there. Of course I heard it .. so well, J has to be the middle person there to convey all my words to him and finally I spilled it all out to J to tell it to him word by word while I am on the phone, that if L did not even start on the work, why not tell me and not delay my three days, where I could have gotten other people who wants more to do.. than to let me have it back last minute. I told him off for it and said that he should be a man to own up that he did not do the work. I wouldnt be that pissed if he informed me earlier than to hide like a coward.

That really pissed me off bad.. but well, its a year already and work was finished and handed up on time.. so yea, I learnt my lesson.. and now that I have vented it out, its all behind me.. =) *cheers* book closed!

I wished L nothing but the best in his future undertakings. =)

Happy New Year..

No comments: