Thursday, January 7, 2010

First Friend over for 2010

I had a special guest stayed over on Monday. She is none other than my bestfriend Gwen, well, who makes her annual pilgrimage back but well, it is ALWAYS GOOD to have her around.

Hubby might not think the same way as she can be quite a lot of influence when it comes to girly essentials, which of course I likeeeeee!

Picked her up from One U after she spent almost one whole day with YuMay. Came home to let Jaden nap while we get ready to go dinner with her friend, whom I had met once before on 2005 New Year's Eve. Surprisingly, he remembered me as well. I didn't at first and then, suddenly it just hit me that OH I HAVE SEEN YOU BEFORE... well, he did leave a good impression of being a Mr. Nice the last time so well, we had a good dinner, just talking over Korean food. Gwen and I share the same love for the KimChi soup.


Playing with KaiMa Gwen



The Three of Us


Jaden went with Gwen and I for dinner while Hubby was left all alone at home. In fact, the two days Gwen was here, it was more to just us girls and Jaden.



Dennis and Gwen


After dinner, Dennis (yes, that is his name..still a very much single eligible bachelor) drop us home and I already had another drinks plan with another mutual friend of ours.


At Laundry Bar waiting for HRH's arrival from KL


Gwen and I went out again, this time to Laundry Bar to meet up with CVK for drinks. A glass of drink is more like it because it was getting late and all of us were tired. The guy came all the way from the heart of the city here only to be met by Gwen's first comment. "You grew fatter!" Yeap! That is Gwen for you people!

We came home just a bit past 12 and Gwen quickly washed up and soon, she fell asleep dead to the world. The girl only woke up at about 1130am the next day.

I took her to Ikano for lunch because she was craving for nasi lemak with fried chicken and both of us wanted somewhere with air-con. It was a freaking hot afternoon afterall. Then we walk around a bit, and she managed to buy two working clothes and I gained a Padini member's card, thanks to her. =)

We left Ikano/The Curve at about 430 to go home to let Jaden nap. Thankfully Hubby just came back from a meeting and we left him to babysit the napping Jaden while we went for our second round of shopping at One U before I send her straight to the airport.

It was quite a fun shopping trip because I realized both of us do have similar taste in clothes and well, its always nice to agree on the same things together. We had the QJelly before walking around and in the end, we ended up at Blook where she bought her last buy for the day before we hurried out to Centrepoint McD's drivethru to buy our dinner.

Reached the airport one hour before her take-off time. She had her luggage checked in and we sat at the couches there eating our dinner. I was having a lil headache that I thought was growing quite bad so I asked her if I would die from popping panadol with the coke we have in our hands. She says she does it all the time and I .. *WHATTTT????* anyways I took my stand and refused to follow what she USED TO DO ALL THE TIME. So I bought a bottle of water from the nearby newstand and pop my panadol with plain water. There are just times one MUST NOT TRUST GWEN COMPLETELY. She can be doing the most idiotic thing for all we know despite her profession.

One last photo before we parted ...


About half hour to her departure time, I took off home, hoping my headache would wear off by the time I reach home to take care of Jaden.. it didn't. It only went away after like 2 hours of eating Panadol which had me contemplating to want to take another 2 more. *sigh* The pain-killers are starting to lose their effect on me.


It had been a good two days spent with Gwen and only Gwen alone. Gawd! I really love this little friend of mine to bits! Bestfriends like Schee and Gwen are hard to come by...

No comments: