Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Off with the locks

After years of saying, contemplating, wondering, worrying that it might turn out disastrous like it did back in 1997, I finally had it done.

Months of researching, looking at the shapes and styles that goes with it, I collected some of those I think I like, and that might suit me but it all boils down to the one person's opinion that is going to perform it on me.

It was about the same time last year when I went to her and ask her to do what she has to do to me, and I liked the results. So this year, after considering a few other people, as recommended by friends, I could not bring myself to betray her and let others do the deed. Some more, I was comfortable with her and I do trust her judgement. Its hard to come by someone whom you click with and trust enough to let them touch those, which could mean either success or doom for failure.

So what am I talking about here?

Catch any hint in all those blabberings I just blabbed out?

No? Yes?

Fine.. enough of beating around the bush.

Most of my friends that has known me throughout their life, knows that I have loooooong hair and I never seem to have it shorter than my shoulder. Maybe fringe but never the back long black hair.

Well... SURPRISE!!!!!!



Yes! I finally had it chopped off and the length is a little above the shoulders. It reminded me back to 1997 days but at least this hairstyle did not make me cry. Back then, with specs on, no makeup to cover the ugly duckling look and proper fashion to draw the attention away from the ugly appearance.. that was really bad BUT like what my eediot friends would say, "If you are born ugly, then no matter what you do, it still remains a fact no matter how you cover up!" Damnit! Lets just say, I wasn't popular to begin with in the first place and that hairstyle even drove the word further from reach. =)



The salon that I go to now is Monsoon i-d in One Utama. I used to only go back to Penang to do my hair at Baptain but well, if the pricing and hairstylist here are better, why not? Since my hairstylist, Dash quit his job at Baptain, I could not really find anyone else that I trust enough to do my hair... and well, the promotion packages offered by Monsoon i-d is far too attractive not to give it a try. Afterall, there was not much bad review about the place, so why not?

Eva, yea, she is my hairstylist... a sweet woman, officially cut my hair off at about 7pm... after some process of doing the body straightening with the iron, then treatments after treatments.. which included hair steaming, with my hair all wrapped up in plastic like how I would plastic wrap my food, and more cold water hairwash and a very very nice head and shoulder massage... *sigh* everything ended at 1030pm. I was the last customer for the day and Eva with her one colleague had to leave the shop last.




I walked out the salon a happy girl.. but having the fear of what Hubby and Jaden would think.




Hubby says he could cut it for free for me if he knew that that was the hairstyle I wanted... and Jaden, he didn't seem to recognize me at first! -_-




My head feels so much lighter now and I don't know.. I am still feeling the feel good factor.. maybe until end of the year before I get bored with the hair and want to look for something new to do to it? but at the moment.. its all good for me.





So what do you guys think of it?



No comments: