Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Menu over the weekend

The long awaited wanted dinner of mine did not happen last Saturday as two of our friends had a last minute meeting. So instead of just Hubby and I and Jaden, I thought might as well just cook dinner at home since we bought quite a lot of veges in Tesco the night before. Hubby complains that I buy them but never really get to cook them until they turn yellow so I thought might as well just cook them all!!!

I whipped up bah kut teh for dinner. Started preparing for the dish since 130pm, hopefully to be done by 4pm where I had to leave to pick Hubby up. Did everything in time while Joy helped looked after Jaden. How Joy came about in my house is another story to be told, which she ended up 'going to the movies with the car mechanic'.

Reached home at about 530pm, hungry like mad and both Hubby and I ate all the rice I cooked accompanied with bah kut teh. There was still half a pot of bah kut teh left after we were done with the early tea/dinner meal so we saved for later... which turns out to be at about 11pm again before we finished the whole pot! YUMMY!

On Sunday, I steamed the Emperor Chicken with red dates and wolfberries, which sweetened the dish a bit. Fried asparagus with sambal belacan and the chilli I brought back from the Chilli Pan Mee place. Should have added some dried shrimps to the asparagus dish... *sigh* there will be next time tho!

Yesterday, I cooked my usual minced pork in thick black soya sauce + chilli padi and brocolli with braised mushroom. Fried omelette with cheese for Jaden which he finished it, fed him with rice and brocolli to nibble.

Today, shall take a rest from all the cooking and go tapao some ramadhan bazaar food. Afterall ramadhan bazaar food only come once a year! =) and there is one just right opposite where I stay. How convenient can that get?

I am so procrastinating in washing up the dishes at the moment but think shall get down to it this instant after I log off blogspot. Still feeling the fire burning inside me for doing someone a favor and getting shouted at while it! BAH!



p/s: Fell kind of in love with Miss USA 2009's evening gown... pretty in blue yea?


No comments: