Monday, August 10, 2009

Jaden eats curry

Today I was rather inspired to cook something new for Jaden to try out for dinner. Since now Jaden can eat rice and more adult-like food, I thought why not try out what Anita cooks for her son to eat since her Jayden loves them and coming from her, its always a good recommendation.

Yesterday while we were at One U, I stopped at the Zanmai shop @ One U old wing and bought a box of Vermont Curry Mild. Anita told me that this Japanese curry ain't hot and kids love it.

So bought it I did.. RM12 or was it RM11.90 for a box of 2 mini packs in them. There are a few boxes of them ranging from hot to medium hot to mild. I chose the Mild one... maybe next time, I shall try the medium hot.

Diced up some potatoes and carrots, marinated the chicken strips with a tiny sprinkle of salt. The carrots and potatoes are diced into really small portions so they could be sauteed nicely with the chicken strips.

Poured a little oil in to first stir-fry the chicken and carrots and potatoes before leaving them in the saucepan to saute... seeing the chicken strips turn a little brownish, I put in the curry sauce and add boiled water. Not too much water.. its more like common sense to just let the curry sauce thickens but also not too salty, so its play by sight and taste on the curry, when to add water or when to stop adding the water. Once the potatoes and carrots is soft enough for the kid to eat, its time to turn off the fire. o.Oh.. Fire? On low heat of course.. don't want a charred flavoured curry do we?

I cooked Jaden's rice separately from ours in his slow cooker. Put a little more water than normal compared to our rice, but less water than his porridge's. Poured the curry over his rice, with lots of chicken and potatoes for him...

So does he like his dinner? He finished them clean! Mmm.. I am happy with my decision to cook this dish for him. Next on, prolly mac and cheese for the small one!

p/s: Jaden just turned/ threw his table into an upside down position and Hubby seems impressed with his strength. Hubby even have the courtesy to joke that we should make a few more babies so we can have our own mini demolition team! *shakes head** The boys in this family can really drive me crazy!

No comments: