Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Planning a birthday

Jaden's birthday is fast approaching. I know.. it is not happening for another two months but planning, getting people, the cake, the venue, finding matching clothes this time for both father and son can take up some time.

Venue, we have more or less confirmed it but that also depends on how the reservation / $$ goes.
Guest list I have also jotted down, so now its only plus/minus from the list since we are going to do catering, so it doesn't really matter on the pax... the more the merrier!

I sort of, got to confirm on the theme also -ELMO since Jaden loves his Elmo stuff and has lots ELMO toys.. Did I mention that Hubby just bought another Elmo loves you plush toy for Jaden last Sunday? So now Jaden has TWO talking singing Elmos in the house.. one to look at , one to hold and play...


ok ok back to the party planning.. as I was saying...the theme meaning not do up the whole area like some Sesame Street ELMO invasion. Just his cake prolly.. ahhaha so much so there for the theme huh?

So, now I want Elmo cake. Who? Who to look for to bake me an Elmo cake that would look like Elmo and not some plastic melted Elmo face instead? Was thinking of this lady baker staying near my area, which her childrens' cake do look good. Then of course, there are other bakers out there that is as good... so.. erm.. and should I have like a party pack for the guests? or should I just give each a cupcake to go home with but Hubby and I don't really do cupcakes. Not big fans of them.. we love our cake BIG!

I was rather free today, I even Microsoft Word up an e-invitation .. just that I need to confirm location CONFIRM then only I can send them out.. oh.. talking about that, the date of the party too. Won't be doing the party on the birthday itself as it falls on a Monday.. so prolly will push it to Oct.. hmm.. discussions discussions needed to plan with the finance minister of this house.. *gRin* I am just the event planner.. budget wise still have to refer back to the MAIN person...

Was also browsing school for Jaden next year and sort of decided to want to send him to this one school.. located in Taman Tun.. wahsey! listen to the address also will know the pricing already.. The total for a whole year might just come up to Rm5k! WTF? I know!!!! I mean.. they are only toddlers.. its supposed to be a playschool and to pay that kind of amount for a playschool? *sweat* But well, its only one of the many schools around... I still have time to go searching for others.. Education don't come cheap!

2 comments:

JL said...

ooooo!!! it's jayden's bday...again! time flies!! :D
why kindergarden nowadays so expensive?? is it because of the area? or it is That expensive nowdays??!! omfg

tanshuyin said...

i can feel ur excitement planning jaden's 2nd bday! ;)
goodluck to !hubby's pockets! :P