Friday, July 31, 2009

Boy down with fever...

The little one is sick again.

It all began last night when we came back from Uptown eating the Satay. The boy was sitting reading mags as usual when I caught him having running nose all of a sudden. I mean, he was feeling good all the while and suddenly running nose.. so I wiped him and he sat beside me on the floor watching my movie.. when after a while, I noticed he was just too quiet, not being himself.. I nudged him a bit but still he did not respond much to me.. he just got up suddenly and stood very still when I head some gurggling coming from his tummy to his throat and before I could take any cloth nearby, out came his puke all watery with cebisan of timun here n there.. but mostly watery and it just didnt seem to stop.. it was like a water pipe turned on n wouldnt close.. and until it did, I scooped him into the toilet quickly, undressed him and washed him clean with warm water and soap. He even had diarrhea..

Don't know why but given any other situation not my son, I would have puked right there and then too, to see such a sight or smell a whiff of the vomit and poo but somehow, cleaning him up as fast as possible and making sure he didn't scare himself out of that whole thing was my priority.

Got Hubby to sit with him and entertain him, take his mind off the puking session while I quickly go clean up the sick scene.

We took him to DSC to see the doctor, under the emergency area site.. since all paeds close around 9.. and this happened at 10 plus..

The nurse took his temperature, shoved a med up his butt, he cried because he was just too tired and he fell asleep crying on my shoulders.. only to wake up 1/2 hour later and 15 minutes later, his turn at the doc's room.

We were given Panadol syrup, flu med for his running nose and the med to stick up his ass if he has high fever..

I woke up at 8am to him having a very warm body, so I gave him milk to drink and then the syrup to be injected down the throat.. put him back to bed.. which he slept on till about 11 something...

Fed him rice cereals.. and then the whole mad med ordeal.. and since the syrup was all over his hands, face, my hands, his body.. I gave him a quick warm bath and soon, put him down to nap.. which he only took an hour nap.. woke up before I did, woke me up.. and we came out to the living room where I gave him a big bottle of water to drink.

Usually he will finish the water quickly but this time, it took him ages, lots of tricks to trick him to drink and well, no matter what, I just have to make him take in lots of fluids...

His body is still warm at this very moment. I jave just popped the med up his ass.. *sigh* Please do some magic!

No comments: