Sunday, July 12, 2009

Just the two of us ...

Jaden and I when he wakes up in the morning/afternoon...

No more poh poh to greeting us, hanging out with him at the couch, watching his shows with him.. picking up his toys after him... speaking Mandarin to him.

Just Jaden and I...

I purposely woke up early today so I could join my parents for breakfast before they leave back to Penang. Jaden was up for his milk and he did not instantly sleep back so I tapao-ed him together with my parents for breakfast, knowing his grandparents would want to play and talk to him.

Sure enough, my dad was happy just able to carry him all the way to the kopitiam, and my mother was entertaining him while we were there.

After breakfast, I drove them over to One Utama, where my dad then placed Jaden in the passenger seat, seatbelted him and then both of them just seem so reluctant saying bye to the little one. Of course, the little one was smiling and stealing hearts and the "flying kisses" amused the grandparents... *sigh* my son..

They should be reaching Penang soon or prolly in an hour or so... I know mother wont take things matter into heart but as a daughter, I really feel bad. There are just some things that have been communicated can't be uncommunicated... They have given me so much and still giving and me, as a daughter, unable to pay them back even at my age.. I really am so useless.. feeling oh so very useless!

Author: Fleur Conkling Heyliger

Not flesh of my flesh,
not bone of my bone,
yet still very much
my own.
Never forget
for one single minute
that you grew not under my heart,
but in it.


No comments: