Saturday, March 21, 2009

Girls just wanna have fun~

I just had one of the most fabulous night out with the girls. It all started with "I have craving for crabs!" and there it is, we made plans with the other three girls and voila, today, there we are having seafood dinner together and NO! Its not me that said that I had the craving.. Its NOT me this time!

Anyway, I picked Sonia up while Joy picked Tanya and Zairynn and we met up at Centrepoint before all jumped into my car and ooh la la ber-sesat to the Pantai Kayu Ara Seafood Restaurant.Its not exactly hard to find coz I googled it last night and it is just around some corner that we somehow know.. just that it was deep inside la and some kampung road with lots of all these car workshops along the way.


When we reached there at about 715pm, there was not many cars yet and we still got a table despite not making reservations and soon right after we made our orders, the carpark was already 3/4 filled up. Lots of people were already inside the restaurant eating...


Since today they did not have the meat crab, we have to settle for the flower crabs as well, other crabs such as the alaskan ones, australian snow crabs and the ireland roe crabs are just way too expensive for a KG's worth. We had the salted egg crab, butter cream mantis prawn, kangkung belacan and the fu yong egg dish.







The meal was good, company was great!

After the dinner, we had Joy to blow her birthday candles and *sigh* before she could blow her candles, when she was just gathering all her breath to blow, the wind blew it out for her! You should have hear all of us laugh! It was really funny!

We re-lit the candles and she got to make her birthday wish and all.. *aaahhh* cake! Coffee cream cake.. dessert after dinner.. feels so good!


It wasn't really expensive to come to think of it.. with a tapao-ed fried rice for 2, 4 dishes and a pot of chinese tea for all.. it was RM95.50. But well, of course its a different story when it comes to Tambun.. *sigh* am making sure that I am heading there this April!!!


woo hoo~ I really appreciate this night out with the girls..

7 comments:

firefly said...

wah.....no wonder u asked what is that seafood place somewhere in penang but before the toll....ahahahaa

Anonymous said...

ahhh... I miss that kind if spontaneity! The food looks yummy!

blubbieMs said...

firefly: HAHAHA it just slip my mind the name and that was the name of the place that I kept repeating over the years that I MUST GO BACK THERE I MUST GO BACK THERE and then.. i just forgot the name! *sheepish grin*

mom2ashleyaidan: It was really spontaneous and yea fun! I have been kept far too long at home and that dinner outing really made my day. Food was great and for a seafood place in town, the pricing is also really reasonable. =)

Josie said...

the next time you're there, try the trotter(tu kha?). yum yum yum yum yum yum.

blubbieMs said...

Jojie: Hmm.. then that I have to drag the pork lover along.. the one whom I stay with! hehehe

Faith-Ashleigh Wong said...

Awww wish I was there :( I want crabs!!

blubbieMs said...

Faith : It would be complete with you there.. and we would be the FOUR aunties together one more time!! =)