Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tom Yam anyone?

I tried cooking Chicken TomYam today. I was rather inspired by all those cooking shows that said it was rather easy to cook tomyam and I thought why not? Since it is one of my fav dish of all time?

So off I went down the aisle in Tesco looking for

  • Tomatoes
  • Celery
  • Carrots
  • lemongrass (Serai)
  • Chicken Fillet
  • Grey Oyster Mushroom
  • Chilli Padi (actually the bigger chilli would work better but they are far too expensive and I use more chilli padi at home anyway)
  • tomyam paste (I cheated)


I defrosted the chicken early in the morning.. only to wake up later to find it all ready to be sliced into perfect size. Sprinkled a little salt on the chicken while I then go and work on other ingredients.
Wash and then cut the lemongrass off at its tip and the root.
Boil the water in the pot then throw in the lemongrass.
Then put in the paste.. according to taste and the pot size.. then dump in the chicken fillet.
Let it boil for a while.. before dumping in the other veges.. and leave it to boil and bubble..
10 minutes before taking it off the stove, only then throw in the mushrooms.
well.. basically thats about it la the steps to make a simple tomyam chicken soup.

So well.. tomyam anyone?

No comments: