Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wonders of make-up!

When it comes to wearing make up on my face, I am a very much simple girl. Give me my liquid foundation, my powder, black pencil eyeliner, a Q-tip, blush ( more to orangey, brownish kinda) and sometimes if I am in the mood, then mascara and I am good to go.

However, I still am not satisfied although by the time I am made up with all those simple stuff mentioned above, nobody would scream "GHOST!!!" but still, there are times, I get so sickened by my own look. The dark rings around my eyes and the eye bags.. Hubby calls them luggages now. It seemed the dark rings never fail to fade. Its as if it is genetic in me. I don't know much about my true genes for they are no whereabouts that I know about and I don't give two hoots either.. but still, how do those Arabic ladies or Indian ladies do up their make up perfect then?

Have you ever seen an Arabic girl's make up? They can be rather sensual you know. Sort of smokey effects and well, thats the only one look they usually go for anyway but it really compliment their looks and if you were to see, they start young. You can actually find all these 13- 14 year olds with nicely, perfect eyeliner drawn onto their eyes. Liquid somemore. Don't play play!

I don't have a much steady hands when it comes to liquid eyeliner. So I opt for pencil but pencil ain't giving me the really black dark effect as the liquid ones. Such a failure wey as a girl that does not know how to use an eyeliner proper.

So there I was going youtubing on teach me videos on how to apply the smokey eyes effect with eyeliner and there came up a million and one ways. The only BUT I have all most videos are those 'teachers' are usually fair-skinned and me, am near to more of a brownish coloured skin so whatever colour or foundation numbers they use are so wrong for me. WHY? WHY TREAT COLOURED PEOPLE DIFFERENT??? No offense to others.. I meant me and only me when I said coloured.. =)

Its not as if I have got the moo-lah like some to just go attend some make-up course and purchase up to thousands of ringgit on products either. Safest and cheapest way, either the local pharmacies or Sasa would be just right fitting into the budget tho it might come up to a few hundreds then. Who ever says make up was cheap. However I am eyeing the MAC eyeliner. Said to be really good and easy to handle. Hmm.. shall take a look myself one of these days then.

I came to a conclusion I need to revamp my make up range. More brown, some highlights, a new mascara with thin brush (to avoid clumps and smudges from a clumsy person like me), a new blush, a lipstick and gloss. Some brushes which I saw selling at Amcorp for an affordable price. Worse come worse.. prolly then Sasa but well, as a consumer I will take my time comparing and considering. That is what I do best when it comes to want to part with my money on such products. Funny how I dont think much when it comes to food tho. =)

Remember about me thinking about asking Hubby to buy me a set of SKII for me to care for my face? To hell with it at the moment. I can't even really be bothered to apply all those mosturizers, lotions and whatevers but once in a while, its nice to just sit back, and apply it and psychologically it makes you feel good bout yourself but I see not much difference tho. At least not now. Maybe as an anniversary present then.. ahhahah

Shall see how it goes this weekend, if I am able to find time to hang out with some girlfriends and Hubby's ATM card for more girly opinions. Trust Hubby to ask me to buy BUNCHO paints and that will do. Hopefully once I get those make up stuff, I get to do the eyeliner and smokey effect right on my own without looking like a panda bear.. already am one without trying hard.. *sigh*

If I were to have something changed bout me, it would prolly be asking them to lift that dark eye circles and bags of me.. but well, since that will never happen, shall do with whatever else there is to hide it.

The wonders of make-up magic!

No comments: