Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Bad cop in the house

Jaden has been quite naughty lately. Well, which also means me whacking him on his arms and legs too. Hubby cringes each time he hears me whacking Jaden. How on earth am I supposed to discipline for all his naughty actions if a NO is not understood by Jaden?

Each time I say NO to him and stare hard at him, I am returned with a cheeky smile or a hard stare back by my own son and there he goes doing whatever naughty stuff he is doing.

So a whack to his arms and thighs do get the message across. Don't misunderstand me. I don't whack him as if I am abusing him terribly. Its just a slap to the hands or thighs, a little pain enough to send the message across to the mischievious boy.

My heart pains each time I have to do all these bad cop shit but I would have preferred it to be my hands than Hubby's. Afterall, his strength would be much more than mine and well, he is too soft hearted to whack the little boy anyway. Hubby is playing the good cop here.. only for the times when Jaden wakes him up from his sleep in the middle of the night will then only he will scold and scold. Yeah, Hubby only scolds.. I am the 'beater!'

Also of late, Jaden has been pooing in the middle of the night when hes asleep, and then when I change his diapers, he will breakout into his crying / shrieking sessions. He cries for no apparent reason sometimes in the middle of the night, rolling around, throwing himself backwards without caring whatever that is behind him.. (so dangerous especially if he wakes up and throws himself hard backwards into the wall.. *touchwood*) It is so hard to lull him back to sleep as he will then be rolling around the bed looking for his comfortable spot to just doze off.

He still can't walk yet if you are asking. I think maybe he is just not confident enough to want to let go of the railings or whatever he is holding on to. He can always take his time.. no rush. I just somehow find it unpleasant to hear that my son is slow in his milestones. I mean, afterall he is my first child and I don't have any experience in helping him develop his milestones faster... So well, I am pleased with whatever Jaden has achieved on his own so far and I shall let him continue so at his own pace.

No comments: