Sunday, October 19, 2008

My babies, my pets!



Fatso died last week. He just got attacked by some fungi disease overnight and he died the night itself. The night before he was still fine but when I woke up in the morning, he seemed to be losing scales and his whatever blubber that grew on him.

Fatso is the biggest among all the four goldfishes that I owned.

Now, its only So Fat left. So Fat can't even come up to the surface to eat. It can only swim round and round the tank on its side. He used to swim only upside down but now, he swims on the side only. Poor little fella!

These goldfishes had been with me since New Year 2006... somehow I think I grew rather attached to them, watching them swim whenever I sit in the living room. They make me laugh with their antics at time. You must think I am crazy to laugh at goldfishes. Well, lets just say they can be quite funny at times. So blur looking..

Cheekie and Cheeko have reached their two years of age. I wonder how many is that in human years? They are still like babies to Hubby and I. Each has a different personality and temperament and they each also have their individual owner preference.



Cheekie, the girl, prefers Hubby over me. She would lick him and well, she just prefers him over me. Ever since they were babies, she would rather stick to Hubby than me. Hubby calls her his darling girl.



Then, there is the boy Cheeko who prefers me to Hubby. Cheeko would play with me and runaround my feet but when it is just Hubby and him, he would just sit under the dinner table and not do anything other than breathe through his big big nose on his round round snout.

How I got into rabbits were all because of Gwen. How Hubby got into rabbits, well, I guess it was due to his Anak and Ah Bit. Mine started with Moo Moo who Hubby claims is gay but I bet to differ. Moo was one of the best behaved smart rabbit I'd ever came across. He knows how to enjoy the Penang Hill view without trying to jump over the balcony. He who knows how to just sit there and relax. He who comes and sits and put his head on my pillow when he knows I will be heading back to Kl the next day. He eats chocolates, ice-creams and all sorts but hates durian. *sigh* I missed Moo. He is in rabbit heaven now.

For now, my concentration is all focus on Cheekie, Cheeko and So Fat only. Don't think I would have any more pets after them. Enough. Don't want anymore emotional baggage. Easy to come, hard to let go when time comes.. but well, why should I think of such things now. My little babies are still young! =)

1 comment:

weiling said...

haha ur fishes name so cute.. fatso and so fat!