Saturday, September 20, 2008

Finding the perfect cake

I was having a hard time trying to find the perfect cake for my Jaden.

Afterall it is going to be his FIRST birthday and I want it to be somehow memorable.

At first, I got excited over the novelty cake that could be found at one of the stalls in Ikano LG. Called the owner up and asked about pricing. It all came up to about RM300++. Hmm.. not a very good start..

Then I found a bakery through some Allthingspurple's website, Just Heavenly. Nice cakes and all, bakery shop can be found in Bangsar. The very name Bangsar and its address already scare the shit outta me. Called them nevertheless, and it also came up to about RM300++.

Almost giving up, then thought of just doing a Number One like what Hubby had for his very first birthday. How I know he had a Number One cake, photo lah of course...

Went to the normal bakery shops and starting asking around. Went to two in fact but the designs weren't shouting "ORDER ME ORDER ME!" so I kept searching.

Then just yesterday, 9 days before my son's birthday, I stumbled across another mummy's blog and found the cake lady I wanted to order from -Special Cakes. I knew from the pictures that she is going to be the one baking my son's cake. Called her up but was turned down because she has Raya cakes orders and Jaden's birthday is too near to Raya. DAMN...

Then I asked Hubby to call her up to try to persuade her to take in our order. I should think she agreed to it because she asked us to email us the type of cake design we wanted. So far, she has yet to revert back so I am crossing my fingers hard that she agrees to it.

Just as I was satisfied with my order, I came across another blog and another cake shop that does novelty cakes, Choffles. AARRGGGHHHH!! When I was looking for them like two three months back, there was not any promising one in sight and now when the date draws near, so many is popping up in my face.

It is so hard to come to choose a perfect cake for my beloved little boy. *sigh* but I am going to try because I really want his first birthday to be special for him. At least when he is a little older, he can look back at the photos and say, my parents did all that for my first!

No comments: