Sunday, July 27, 2008

Road? Air? or stay put?

I was planning the route on how to get back to my hometown when come CNY 2009. For those that still don't know when the date is, it falls on Jan 26, 2009. Its a Monday. So I assume that all roads will be jam thru out the weekend before where everybody will wanna balik kampung. *sigh* I was checking out the air fares tho coz if by road, its a promise, its going to take more than 5 hours to reach Penang and with an infant in tow, I don't think its a good idea. Gonna have to ask Hubby what he thinks of it. By Air Asia, its going to cost about RM400++ return I think? OR it is just one way! AArrgghh!! Should I take it back to Alor Star and go back direct to visit relatives or should I just go back to Penang first, rest, then only travel down to Perlis the second day? My dad would prolly be down on the first day, that leaving my mom behind in Penang... hmm.. nevermind la, ask both sides whats their say. Should it be not working out, then guess its stay back here in KL for me again.. which will make me very sad of course...

Speaking of family, dad was admitted into hospital on Fri nite because of an throat/lung infection. A cough he did not take proper care of resulting into fever outbreak. Poor man! I only found out about it when I called him... =( Anyway hes discharged already... *pHew*

Jaden is growing more demanding every day. Can anyone guess how he wakes me up these days? Either he bites my cheek, tug at my hair really hard or a hard whack onto my face, maybe sometimes pressing down on my ribcage so he can stand up. Yea.. thats how it goes these days. He will never wake the father up first. Its always me until he gets bored that I am not responding to him.. then only he moves on to his father.

Not only is he demanding, he is getting very unruly. His temper can be so foul, that if he don't get what he wants, he will jump in his walker and bang anything his hands can get on. Be it the table, the little toys attached to his walker while screaming out at us. Of course, if I am near him, I would raise my voice and beat his hands. He will retaliate by scolding me back... but usually I will beat him till he realizes its better to stop crying and go do something else. Have to start disciplining already. Can't have him act such at such a young age can we? He seems to stick to me more than his father yet he is scared of me when it comes to me scolding. He bullies his father more since he knows the father can be bullied. His father is the one that is pampering him...

The boy has been eating porridge these few days. Seems to accept it. Had been cooking chicken/carrots/potatoes porridge for him at home while at Aunt Lin's , he had fish porridge. His food menu has expanded. So far, he has tried...

  1. Papayas (love love loves it)
  2. Jelly (very very low sugar and just a few biteful for him anyway)
  3. Plain yoghurt (to be greeted with a very sour face)
  4. Mata Kucing (he loves it)
  5. Tofu
  6. Fish (in really tiny tiny babybite size)
  7. Apples
  8. Pears
  9. Minced Chicken
  10. MInced Pork
  11. Cauliflower (mashed up florets)
  12. Tiny bits of bread (just for tasting sake, he spit it out tho)

Next, maybe I will get him some cheese to try. Guess more food will be coming his way when both his upper teeth sprouts out so he can bite proper. Now he is only learning how to chew his food, that also sometimes he finds it hard to swallow it down.. have to give a little help by making him drink it down.

Got my money now to do my hair but contemplating on which hairdresser to go, when and who is going to babysit Jaden for me while I am out for like 3-4 hours? I don't think Hubby can cope with being left alone with Jaden for so long coz when it comes to communication between these two boys in my life.. sometimes they are worse than chicken and duck because when the boy decide to bully the man, he goes all way out till the man gets so irritated.. *sigh*




No comments: