Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I have not been very good and I am not proud of it...

Mother has been staying with me since Tuesday last week. Quite a lot have happened since she was here. The house was on a constant cleaning process, thanks to my mother. What she does in a day equals to what Hubby and I do in a week, maybe more. Haven't brought her out much except to One U and Ikea.

I must admit I have not been a very good girl but I try to meet up to her wants when she is down here. Just sometimes, my impatience get in the way or my norm is disturbed. *sigh* It is something in me I have to change.

Finally I visited Cupcake Chic to try out their 'shoutout' Onde Onde cupcakes. I wanted to get the Marshmallow ones too but alas, it was sold out. There were only the Chocofee and Onde Onde left. I was surprised to see a whole tray of Onde Onde left when I went to the shop at about 930pm on a Sunday. I mean, werent they supposed to be the bestsellers? I guess not afterall. Anyway, overall, I would not mind going for second rounds of the cupcakes but its a tad little too expensive to be consumed like every other week. A normal cake would have lasted me 3-4 days to finish whereas a 1/2 dozen box of cupcakes can be finished either in a day or two.

I think I would like to buy my mom jelly cakes to try out this time. She has yet to taste Jelly Q's cake yet although I know Hubby would make noise over jellies being sold at such an unreasonably price. I agree in a way but sometimes, its just for trying out sake and my mother do love special things.. sometimes.. if she knows how to eats it. Just like the Chocofee cupcake I bought for her, she only ate the inside, she threw away the toppings because she said it was made of MILO and she don't take MILO. That incident of course pissed the shit out of me because seeing RM4.50 went down the drain just like that without getting appreciated hurts me. Sometimes I really feel, my parents can be quite a country bumpkin seeing the hometown they come from. Don't even talk about my dad. Hes worse off than my mother. Other than Chinese, Malay and Indian food (Malaysian style), he does not know how to appreciate others. Thai, maybe just a little since my hometown is at Thailand's border but its a waste if he was to be brought to SushiKing for sushis and wasabe, pizzas and spaghettis, TGI Fridays and Chillis. *sigh*

Mother and I bought new shoes from Vincci sales and she decided to wear them yesterday when we went One U. I noticed she was walking slow and funny after a while and I asked if anything was wrong. She says no but has this look on her. So I got pissy because I thought she was in one of her 'behaviours' again. I was already on my nerves when we took her out for lunch and instead of trying out every dish we ordered, she stuck to a few and didn't quite seem to like it. Hurt and angry, so the slow walk from her even added to my impatience of dealing with her. Only at night later on, I found out that she had blisters on her toes from the new shoes. I felt felt so bad. Very very bad. I told her not to buy those shoes, I already showed her a really nice pretty pair of shoes which I deemed to be comfortable and stylish at the same time but she refused to listen. She just went frenzy over every coloured shoe she can find. Thank god I stopped her in time from buying up the whole VIncci and their bags. Guess ehe had better wear back her old shoes then. Aarrgghh!!!!!

Jaden loves my mother's company. He will always be ever-ready with a smile for her. He likes to play with her and often I catch him having 'conversations' with my mother. Now that he can move effiiciently in his walker, he is touring the whole house. He even wants to chase Cheekie and Cheeko in his walker. The pulling of stuff at his reach level has begun. The nightmare is starting. Everything that he can reached out to with something protruding, there he goes pulling it with all his might. Often will, he succeeds in bringing it down and will be rather pleased and proud of his achievements.

o.Oh and I finally got my hands on the Munchkin Mesh Feeder for Jaden. I have seen and read about it in other mummies' blogs and saw the positive outcome of it so I went searching for it in Jusco last night and found it. So happy! Gonna start by putting mashed bananas for Jaden to try it. Speaking of food, Jaden finishes his commercialized rice cereals really fast now. A packet of rice cereals could prolly last him for a week if it is a big pack. If its a small pack, it lasts him for a bout 4-5 days? Guess its time to invest in the tinned can ones rather than the boxed ones.

Mother will be going back to Penang this Friday. I know I would turn waterworks as soon as I turn my back from the bus, walking back to my car. *sigh* I will miss her and probably only see her in four months time. =( BUT as soon as Jaden is fit to travel, I will want to take him back to Penang for at least a week. He needs to get close to his grandparents. Afterall, my parents loves him and do care about him compared to his other grandma, who has not once asked about her grandson since she took off back to Melaka to celebrate her eldest son's birthday. Jaden will not be denied love from his grandparents and family love from my side of relatives. Jaden has a lot of cousins, uncles and aunties whom I know would love to meet and play with him. *sigh* Jaden is going to be 9 months old in 11 days time. So fast!!!!!!!

No comments: