Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Porridge today for the little one

When he decides enough is enough, it also meant enough for his parents. Jaden would just wake us up no matter how by flipping around the bed like a dolphin, kicking himself upwards banging his head against the pillow like a caterpillar and throwing his hands right onto us where it hurts just to get his points across to us loud and clear. This boy I tell you.. *sigh* can sometimes drive Hubby and I nutz!

Since Hubby has a game to watch tonight, he decides that he needs more sleep than I do and somehow rather, I could not sleep anymore so I took Jaden out into the living room and put him into the bassinet and left him to watch Sesame Street while I went about to clean up pots and pans in the kitchen.

Decided then to make him porridge today. Pork+Carrots+Potatoes = Baby Porridge. The gooey one. Scrubbed clean my slow cooker pot and started chopping away the potatoes and carrots. *sigh* Started to cook the porridge sharp at 4pm and now, at 7pm its ready to be chomp chomp down by the little gangster of mine. Took a photo of it but the picture would not do any justice to the real thing because it does look all gooey and ugly but its edible and nice alright. Reminds me of childhood when my mother would make me the porridge & marmite!


Jaden is still as pissy... Cries when he is left alone not more than 2 minutes but its all crocodile tears I tell you. The moment you carry him in standing position, he gives you a laugh that sounds like "HAH! SUCKER! I WON!!"

o.Oh and guess what? Hubbys and I
bought Jaden Heinz Mixed Vegetable Puree yesterday. Fed him two teaspoonful of it today and he absolutely loves it. He was looking forward for more but I thought two teaspoonful for the first try would be enough. He can have more tomorrow.

Now the little tyke is napping away after his bath. *pHew* some me time for a while.. peace & quiet! Not for long... got to go gobbled down my macaroni and cheese (disastrous attempt) before he wakes up.. ciao ciao

1 comment:

Gaiety XY Ann said...

kekeke... my cousin in-law (hubby's cousin sister)at Singapore buys organic food and vege for her baby... not a bad idea... she says the adult food are much pollutate. but anyhow.. she said its also too expensive too.. only for the first year i guess..