Friday, April 11, 2008

FAT is my middle name

Have you ever tried putting a baby to bed at 9pm only to wait till 2am when he finally decides that he will sleep off on his own. *pulls hair* Jaden sometimes can get real difficult when it comes to sleeping at night but thankfully, once he is asleep soundly, it means 4-5 hours of peace before he struggles quietly for feed. I used to think that when he is about 6 months, I could sleep off the good 6 hours at least... but well, at least it aint every 1 hour or 2 hours like when he was just a newborn.

Thankfully today Hubby was really sleepy and is not disturbed at all by Jaden's cries and rolling-rounds. I got kicked by him in the process for being in his rolling rounds' way. My son I tell you.. such a powerful kicker that sometimes it stuns me for a while. I tried breastfeeding him to sleep, which did happened but as soon as I moved away from him (very slowly and quietly), the little boy opened his eyes and thought I was playing with him and there he goes again.. flipping, rolling and struggling.

Now, at this hour, here I am sitting and blogging away and babysitting my rabbits too. Can't keep them in cages 24/7 can we. They need their daily exercises...

Remember that I made porridge 2 days ago? Well.. Jaden didn't liked it. He just pushed the spoon away after 3 mouthfuls. Will try next week again then. He is only loving Heinz & Rusks at the moment.. should I just steam some potatoes and mashed it up real fine and try feeding him?

The mixed vegetables he ate made him poo-ed. ALOT! I thought he finished poo-ing (I always give 10 minutes after I hear him poo to clean up) and when I was wiping his ass.. ooh la la, Mr Poo decided to squeeze out to say hi to me. AAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!! Luckily, I have got big paper towels spared! Have one ever wonder why does a baby's fart smells so bad? I have been farted at countless times. The worse is when you lift up the ass to wipe, and the sound comes out. The killer smells follow soon after. *faint*

I am contemplating to buy him the Bumbo Baby-Sitter. Do any mothers out there think it is a good investment? I was also thinking about buying the jumper cum walker for him but Hubby said that he read somewhere that walkers will only slow him down on learning how to walk independently. Is it true?

Now, I also have another problem.. I have to train Jaden to sleep in his own cot now. He is getting bigger and bigger everyday and co-sleeping with Hubby and I on the bed aint a good idea. Both the males wants space and there is no way the little one wants to give his dad space. Sometimes, he nearly drove his father down the bed. How on earth am I going to successfully train Jaden to do so? Or would it be like a miracle that one day when hes about 18 months old, he decides that he is brave enough to sleep on his own? There is also a reason why I need him to sleep in his own cot because ... because.....

I FREAKING BROKE THE BED INTO TWO, YES ME! SOME OF MY FRIENDS SUSPECTED IT WAS MY HUBBY'S FAULT THE BED BROKE BUT NOOOO.... I HAVE MADE THE BED COLLAPSED QUITE A NUMBER OF TIMES SINCE JADEN'S BIRTH AND JUST LAST NIGHT, I SUCCESSFULLY BROKE IT INTO TWO!

HUBBY SAYS I AM NOW THE OFFICIALLY FAT ONE IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!

okies.. laugh all you want.. its sad you know.. to be sitting on the bed and suddenly, it gave way and you hear *PLIAK* ~sigh somehow I found that hilarious too myself. =)






2 comments:

Josie said...

hahahha, don't worry babes. i have broken someone else's bed too. :P

Anonymous said...

yes, it happened to my son when he was months old. i put him to bed at 1opm, well actually carrying him to sleep but he didnt sleep till 1am. thats how i got my muscle on my arm for carrying him for hrs!
later i found out that he slep too much in the afternoon or evening..
dont worry abt the bed, it gives u an excuse to get a new one!