Sunday, March 23, 2008

Hes got a cap on...

but it aint a normal cap. Its called cradle cap. say what? cradle cap? WTF is that u ask? Yea, I know.. I didn't know what it was till like I've got Jaden for myself and see it with my own eyes. Its baby with kinda-like-dandruff and this cradle cap on Jaden is so stubborn. Despite him being almost 6 months old now and my various attempts in trying to treat it, it just won't go away. Sometimes it gets so bad that when he scratches it, some liquid oozes out (not like the flow of nana but still...) and it smells like rotten egg. Breaks my heart to see Jaden in such a condition.

Aunt Lin said to apply baby oil. I did -the cradle cap did get flaky and easy to rub off the head before you shampoo but it gets really red looking. The next day, as if the cradle cap was there all along anyway so no point.
BABY OIL = FAIL

Doc says try cradle cap shampoo. I bought Dentinox. No difference to Jaden's head.
DENTINOX = FAIL

Doc then gives some cream to apply twice daily. It worked at first but then, it was back looking like it had never been treated before.
DOC's CREAM = FAIL

As I am carrying him today in my laps, his head smells like there is spilled rotten eggs again. Guess the cradle cap triggered off itchiness because he just keeps scratching his head, even in his sleep.

Hubby and I made him wear mittens again because if he doesn't, he would have scratch using his fingernails till it bleeds. What can I do to cure this once and for all? The cradle cap is now starting to spread... *sigh* Would it help if I shave him bald?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i used Elomet cream on Bryan when he had it last time. Gone in a few days time and did not come back.

blubbieMs said...

Elomet? Guess I will then march down to the pharmacy and get myself one! Poor boy scratching his head nonstop till it bleeds! Thanks shooi for the recommendation!