Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Me time

Finally, for a little while, I've got my me time. Hubby is fast asleep with Baby inside. Hubby decided to call it an early night while for me, I just can't sleep just yet. I know I have to catch up on sleep but just can't bring myself to let go of such a beautiful opportunity of the stillness of the night to have my me time.

Yesterday, I drove out to tapao dinner home. Driving alone in my car, listening to songs played on the radio reminded me of those days that were 'once upon a time' when it was just me, myself and I. I can still remember driving alone in my car at night after work to Hubby's place to visit him when he was resting at home after a bad back sprain. Almost every night, we would go have dinner together, hang out at the park or go watch a movie together. *sigh* and today, he is my husband and we have a child together. Who would have guess right?

Gone are those days of partying the night away with girlfriends, drinking ourselves and dancing away. I missed those days, the memories. Don't get me wrong, I love my current life, watching my son grow, watching him and his firsts.. Something that is so priceless.I truly love every single minute of it.. its just those memories of my friends and I that were once young. Every of my friends have moved on from their partying ways to being much more settled -working and just hanging out in good company of close friends and family.

Somehow at times, I feel that it didn't hit me just yet that I am now a mother. A mother to a lovely son who looks at her longingly each time he lays eyes on her and gives her the champion toothless smile that will break hearts any day. Yet, I am very protective over my son. I understand him in and out, what he wants and what nots... why wouldn't he sleep just yet and.. now I understand why mothers are the greatest of all.


I know life would never be the same for Hubby and I no more... Our alone time are far gone.. but it will come again when all the kids grow up and we, labeled by them, uncles and aunties.. by then, I will be hoping that these children don't grow up that fast...

I hear Jaden crying now.. me time is up.. back to being a mother now.. ciaoz~

No comments: