Monday, October 1, 2007

Never easy

Who ever said bringing up children is an easy job?
Try having a newborn to start with. There is so much to worry about. The kid not eating right, not sleeping enough, perhaps overeating, pooing the right poo, peeing the right amount... is he cold? hot?

Baby Jaden has been working me OT. Seriously, I think my meal now is less than a quarter of what I eat when I was pregnant. Hubby and I think that we will lose weight rather fast now after all the kgs we piled together. But I can't lose it like what Hubby says because I have to think how on earth am I suppose to breastfeed him if I don't eat? No food for me means no milk production for him.. so guess Jaden wins again! Anyway he will always win until he can start to rationale on his own.. then its time to 'smooth' things out with him. =)

I have not slept last night. He was sticking to me like glue, asking for milk and more milk!

I let Hubby sleep through the night because he has work to do today! He needs all the concentration and peace of mind to run things.. anyway, I am getting the hang of most stuff concerning Baby so might as well try to handle him single-handedly...

Finally caught some sleep.. a good 2 hour sleep without Baby screaming and wailing and seeking attention. Got Hubby just to watch out..

Woke up just in time to breastfeed him.. and Joy came just in time to let me relieve me of my duties for about a good 20minutes while I went to sit in a tub of salt water to disinfect the wound... and wipe myself clean, wash up after a mad mad day!

Today is the first time Hubby and I bathed Jaden, of course with the help of his god-mother Joy... thankfully she was here to help! o.Oh that reminds me to send all my thanks to all the good wishes. =) and of course Fiona and Mei Mei from Joy's side.. I really appreciate the gifts you girls gave to Jaden.. will bring him around to say a personal thanks once he grows up! *gRin*
and of course for Hubby and my own friends.. no need la to say all the thank yous and appreciation because you guys know we do really thank you and appreciate every single thing!!

Hes changing almost everyday, from a puffy face (amniotic sac for 10 months, no kidding what it does to your face!) and now..slowly taking shape to leng chai...

Had a slight problem today. Baby kept pooing.. looked more like diarrhea to me and that he kept screaming for milk but it just does not really seemed to agree with him tummy. So after a while, Hubby and I thought its best now just to give him the breast and let him suckle on it as long as he want. Off with the formula milk.. RIght now, hes sleeping.. just like a while ago, which he too allowed me to sleep for a good one hour...

*sigh* its really stressful as its just Hubby and I taking care of Baby Jaden. Understanding newborn is a totally different new language, course to us... takes time I guess...

Wish us all the luck now yea..





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! I thought you'd be resting in the hospital still, mana tau you're up and a running mummy already!!!!

and he's such a beauty... i cant wait to see him. IM COMING NEXT WEEKEND TO SEE YOU EMIRYROO!!!! I AM COMINGGGG MY TICKETS BOOKED LIAOOOO

im overjoyed for the both of you. all the best being the best parents... i know jaden's will be overflowed with love, love and even more love.

congrats emiryroo!!!

Disco Ball Pixie said...

CUTIEEEEEEEEEEE

Faith-Ashleigh Wong said...

Congratulations Aunty!! I texted you like twice in recent months but I received no reply, did you change your number?? Anyways I'm so happy for you and I do not envy your sleepless nights and all-day-and-night babysitting one bit :P So is childbirth really as painful as the horror stories go?? Anyways what's your email and cell num? We should catch up soon :)