Friday, August 31, 2007

Merdeka well-spent...

As the clock strikes 12 midnight last night, we were already all gathered at my balcony waiting for the fireworks.

It was not disappointing as the fireworks went well for a good 10 minutes or more. The best-looking so far were like red and green falling stars, gently falling down from the sky...

Everyone of us had a good meal, simple yet full. Sat around the TV watching Kung Fu Hustle while waiting for the countdown, and then switching to TV2 for the Live Telecast from Dataran Merdeka. It was madness out there last night. From my balcony, the traffic jam could be seen at a stall from all directions. Thankfully all of them arrived early at my place except for the usual Tommy, who keeps getting lost coming over. He came after the fireworks... which was a replay from last year too. He woke up last year after the fireworks... *sigh* Some things will never change would they?

Hubby is still sleeping, while I had already did some of Baby's laundry, ate my brunch, bathed and all, watched a DVD... sent a Birthday greeting to Dennis.. hmm... should I just wake Hubby up now? Nah.. probably let him sleep a little bit more as it is a public holiday...Days like these are hard to come by except for the upcoming Raya holidays and Christmas! Speaking of Christmas, would I be able to lose weight by then?

I feel so bored going out all the time. There is practically no place to go... unless its out with friends, but if its just Hubby and I, we have been out so often that home seemed the best place to hang out... maybe we should visit grandpa. Maybe we should just do that.. maybe not.. Hubby might be just too lazy to do that or I might just suddenly feel tired.. You never know what pregnancy can do to one person. Makes you tired all the time.

Went for the ante-natal class the other day. Lots of first-time expecting mothers, and BOY, were we all shocked to watched the videos of breastfeeding. It was not the breast that scared us all, it was the way to make the baby latch on.. on the other hand, it was rather funny. Well, in my case mostly because Hubby was joking beside me all the way. He was giving me positive thoughts like "I M A MILK MACHINE!"... I bet he is now blacklisted by Sis. Choong for being the class joker.. other parents were rather uptight.. so serious.. well, all could use a little fun can they? =)

Guess I shall just go wake Hubby now. Need some 'personal time' now with Hubby while I still can... till then...

No comments: