Thursday, August 30, 2007

Merdeka Eve with friends...

Tomorrow is Malaysia's 50th Independence Day... I could still remember when the headmaster asked us if we knew how many years Malaysia had been independent and the answer then was 36... that was how long ago I remembered my Merdeka celebrations... and not to mention 2 years ago... where celebrating it at clubs seemed much more happening.. but as time flies, being at home or watching fireworks with loved ones seems much a better choice anytime.

Last year was spent with Iz & Gynette watching movies.. Ant Bully... this year is spent with them again.. this time round having steamboat at my house. The boys and Hubby are out buying stuff to cook tonight while I am left at home. Cheekie is exploring the table that Gynette brought over.. my rabbits I tell you, they know what is new and what not when it comes to all the things laid out in the house... Ikano is having their annual street carnival and later at midnight, there will be fireworks.. and we can all watch it from my balcony.. kan lovely like that, no need to jam pack with others out there, feeling sticky and sweaty, stressed out over parking and all.. =)

Did I mention that Hubby bought me 2 half Gallons of Baskin Robbins? I feel so bahagia!!!! Thankfully we got our ice-creams last night as Baskin Robbins were having their 31% for at least 3 days this time round.. I have to admit, I am just into ice-creams... the pregnancy craving.. Sister Choong says its what the baby likes too..

Just content being at home now... I bet everywhere is having massive traffic jam by now... going to sit back and relax while I let the boys cook / clean up... and I shall just chill and eat... *gRin*

Don't you just love my life?


No comments: