Sunday, July 21, 2013

Being Independent

My soon to be 6 year old is growing up a little too fast for me. 

Though I love to baby him all over, and do things for him.. he seems to have his own mind to what he wants and will do for himself.

Lately, he has been taking off his diapers. Wanting to do diaper free during the day and peeing into the toilet bowl instead. Of course, he will still need diapers on during nap and night sleep as I am not prepared for that bed-wetting session but I have a feeling too, he is ready to be trained for his number 2.

Jaden would prefer to feed himself to eat his meals now and that does not mean scooping up whatever that he can on the spoon. He will scoop rice and meat together to make it a complete mouthful.

He has yet show signs to want to bathe himself but we will get there soon I bet.

He can wear his own clothes, put on his own shoes.. *sigh*

Sometimes he even helps me with a little housework when I ask him to like wiping the floor, put the clothes into the laundry basket, throw his own dirty diapers away.. putting away dirty dishes into the sink.. washing his own hands albeit he will turn on the water tap so strong, he will end up washing the whole upper half of his body.


Well, of course, other than those good things mentioned above, there will be times he gets my blood boiling mad, testing his limits on me... being a rebel, standing off and against me just to see if I will really blow up.. which I do, in the end, to show him who is boss and that, he should never ever question his parents.

I am still very much an Asian afterall. :)

No comments: