Monday, December 26, 2011

Proud

Jaden has been showing me signs of improvement and I am so proud of him.

Today, he showed that he is very much aware of the pretty fireworks that was going off right outside our balcony and he even asked me for more when it was over. How on earth am I suppose to conjure it up for him ? but this is a good sign as we have been bringing him out during new year's eves to see fireworks but usually it goes by unnoticed. 

His diaper was already full with pee and he came to me, took my hand and put it on his diaper and showed me that he wants to take the diaper off and pulled me to the toilet. He wants to a bath. 

He sits patiently and finish playing the magnetic fishing game.

He takes down toys from the shelves that he wants to play and he really plays with them. This is really one breakthrough to me as he was never ever interested in toy play. Do you know that it is  vital that a kid should want to play with toys? 

When we reach home, while I lock the grill door, he bends down and takes off his shoes. 

Before heading into the toilet for a bath, he knows how to pull down his pants, take them off and then diaper off. 

He attempts to want to feed himself with a spoon, although at times, he think it is faster and less work to use bare hands.

Little things like these makes me happy and proud. He may be doing what other kids could have done maybe 2 years back but I am still nevertheless the beaming proud parent when I see this coming from my son. 

He kicks the ball around, sometimes playing with his father. 

He highfives, hightens us. He claps his hands.

He tries to solve his problems by himself, and of course at times give up by just walking away in frustration.

He goes to the kitchen, pulls me there and parks his butt on the dining chair. Thats how I know he is hungry and wants to eat.

When he gets up from nap in the living room, he will help carry his pillows back into the room. 

He may not open to learn new things at first, turning his head away but once he gets it he does it with so much confidence exuding from his face, that it made me beam with so much pride. 

We (therapists and I) are going to start toilet train him and hope that we will tackle this completely by June 2012. I am going to give Jaden time to learn and pick up this on his own because I know deep down inside the head there somewhere, he is my little clever boy.

I wont be enrolling him into kindergarten in January 2012 yet as we are just starting to go into full force in his ABA program which he has been showing good progress. Don't want to alter his time and get it all screwed. He needs the hours to really learn things. 

Jaden, he might have made me want to pull my own hair out a few times but most of the time, I just want to hold him tight and tell him how much I am proud to be his mother and I love him with all my heart. 

He might be 'slow and weird' to some but he will always be the apple of my eye, my little hero, my little smartypants. 

1 comment:

tanshuyin said...

wow....so much progress already.
im also very proud of him and of you.

:D