Friday, November 5, 2010

Jaden going International ...

Jaden had his first International flight out of the country last Monday. Wooo Hooo~ but then again, it was a short 45 minutes kind of International flight. Just a moment ago, we were taking off at the runway and then suddenly the captain announces that we are touching down in a few minutes. *sigh* I *heart* short flights like these.

The whole SimonYap clan went over to Singapore on Monday evening. After struggling to know our whereabouts in Changi airport, we found our way to the taxi stands and made our way to our hotel. I really have no memory or whatsoever about Changi airport since I have only been in there once when I was flying back to Penang with Adrian and Dennis in 1999 after we graduated from F5. Yea, my mom allowed me then to travel together with the boys for a short 3 days 2 nights holiday. It sure was fun, that one, because I did quite alot of stupid things. Eg:- Going into Singapore with only Ringgits in hand. How clever!

Anyway, it sure was surprising to me to see old people working at Changi airport, being the taxi coordinators, trolley attendants. It was nice to know that these elderly citizens still opt to work compared to some elderly over here, who rather sit in kopitiams and smoke or drink or gamble the rest of their lives away.

Shan was already waiting for us at the hotel lobby when we arrived. He is Hubbby's bestfriend from school. He took us to Marine Parade for dinner but then again, we had to be fussy about what we can eat because of Jaden. We just did not want to tempt him with food he can't eat at all, which is practically almost everything. LOL

After dinner, Shan and us split ways and we headed back to the hotel, which is very much needed by Jaden to wind down after such a tiring day. I quickly bathed him, and then let him jumped himself to fully charged out his battery while I bathed. Hubby was taking a stroll down at the streets below to find more food and also to use the Internet to check his work emails. Yes, he never really did abandoned work even for that few hours of the day. *sigh*

By the time Hubby came back with Vietnamese rolls for me and some paos for Jaden which was to be fed to him in the morning, Jaden had already fell asleep for two hours prior but knowing-lah Hubby, the moment he got on the small double too springy bed, it woke the boy up fresh and he started playing after walloping the paos Hubby bought. Oh boy! I could not take it no more so I slept off first while Hubby babysat Jaden till almost 4am before both of them konked for the day.

I had to wake up at 630am the next day, Tuesday to get prepared before I wake the boys up and make them go on express washing up. Lets just say, mission successful, and we checked out of the hotel by 815am. Got a cab by 820am -reached our destination in 20 minutes time, no jam!

While waiting for our 9am appointment, I fed Jaden his fried meehoon first. Luckily Jaden is still allowed to have meehoon in his diet. If not, pengsan-lah I trying to figure what he can eat when we are travelling like that.

It was a good check-up with the doctor. We felt comfortable with Dr. Erwin treating Jaden like how we felt comfortable with Dr. Altaf. Jaden had to do some tests which he cried. Not because of pain but because we were holding him down. This boy loves his freedom but yea, in order to make the tests correct, we had to give him some tough love by holding him down tight.

We left for the airport at about 11am, ate lunch at Ruyi and proceeded in to the waiting lounge inside the airport. The guards at the gate mistaken Jaden for a girl AGAIN. *sigh*

Jaden had a fine time walking on the travellator to and fro since the plane did not arrive yet. Singapore's security sure was much more stricter than Malaysia because they made me fold the stroller to go through that x-ray machine. We certainly did not have to do that in Malaysian airports.

They let me pass with the one big bottle of water just because I mentioned that it was for my 3 year old. *phew!*

We reached back in KL at about 3pm and boy oh boy! that was really one rushed trip to Singapore. I was konked by the end of the day, must have snored really loud too in my sleep. Dang!

We will soon have to repeat this cum middle of next month again. One more time!


p/s: 2.41 conversion rate sure sucks. Each time I pay for something, I think of double the price I am forking out.. aarrrgghhh! *pulls hair out*

No comments: