Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Frustrations ...

.. and I, alone, would only know about it... no one else..

when the boy is extremely naughty or doing dangerous stunts ..

The boy has developed a few new BAD HABITS this time round.

We thought he was over the phase of climbing up the TV cabinet but NOOOOO.. he climbs up to the DVD player and Astro decoder and decides that pressing the buttons are real fun. I know, its a kid's thing but still, the electrical wires are there and there are limited stand space for him to stand properly. Should he panic, he would have lost footing and fall head down first. It happened once before but luckily, the boy was able to cushioned his fall slowly by using his hands but how many times can he get lucky?

I always take the cane and whack him each time I see him do that. Of course its not instant caning. I would give him warning. I would ask him to come down first. Nicely. Second time, I would say I will whack already and will start counting 1, 2 and 3. By the count of 2 and he is still not down, the first soft whack will land on his legs. Third time round when he challenges me and climb up there again, I whack without counting. Sometimes one hard whack, sometimes two just to get my message across.

Jaden totally understands when I say "Come Down or Leg first!" but he always does it when I turn my back, even for a second to do the dishes. Should I just keep caning him till he gets it that HE SHOULDN"T CLIMB UP THERE? but the father will only accuse me of abusing his precious son. *sigh* dilemma dilemma!

The second irritating thing is that he always, at any chance he gets, will put his hands into his diaper and play with his penis. I find it so unhygenic. Who knows if he had peed? Playing with it really irks me out and I always tell him NO NO... cannot play like that.. but he will still stick his hands in and give me a cheeky smile. The father might find it amusing but I really find it a nasty dirty habit. So instead of caning, I whack his hands with my hands instead. He learns not to do it for a while but when I turn my back, he is back at one again. How lah to deal with him?

The only option I am left with now is to let him wear pants long enough with no chance of hole opening for his hands to reach his penis. The weather is so hot these days, I thought it would be just nice for him to be in shirt and diapers but since he is misbehaving, he can go sweat in his balls now! (pun intended)

The third dangerous stunt he does now is to climb onto the sofa to reach up to the upper part of the divider. It is so dangerous because he might just fall down from the sofa, and if the sofa doesn't cushion his fall, he will just fall straight down on to the cold hard floor. Worse still, hit the sharp edges of the divider anc cut something *touch wood* but yea, that is the third dangerous stunts he is up to at the moment. The RM2 I paid for the cane is really worth the money paid in situations like these.

The fourth thing that really piss the shit out of me is that now whenever he drinks water from his sippy cup, he will store them up in his mouth and when he thinks no one is paying attention to what he is doing, he will spit the water out either on the floor or the TV cabinet. TV cabinet is the one that will make me whack him hard because firstly, the TV is there, he might get electrocuted. Second, the TV is so damn expensive and is one of my two entertainment source (the other -computer) and if he really spoils it, I would have been so angry but in the end, I will be the one getting all the blasting so why me when I can whack him first?

If its the floor he spits water on, he will lie onto the water to cover his bad deeds, but well, mothers know best when their children is up to no good and this is one of them. I will grab him up and whack him too because he might just decide to get up and walk and then slip and hit his head hard on to the floor. Or the father might slipped too on the floor *touch wood* but the father must not slipped at all! and best still, the boy's shirt gets so wet that might just make him catch cold and its off to the doctor. I hate it when the boy gets sick because that is one thing I blame myself for. Its one thing that I can prevent and there he goes getting himself sick because he watns to play with water.

I should have just throw him into the swimming pool if he wants to play with water so much but the boy turns out to not be such a hero when he is there. In fact, he is scared of the swimming pool or any tub of water I want to put him in to bathe. My boy now bathes standing up... easier for me to carry him out from the bathroom instead when he is lying in his baby bathtub. Backs can break carrying him I tell you!..

So tell me, won't you be as frustrated as I am when you are caught in these situations and sometimes have to control your anger just because his bodyguard is staring dead at you when you lift your hands up to whack him? One cry is enough to make the father ask me to stop whacking him. Its not as if I whack crazy.. its just enough for me to get the message across to him to not do these things I don't want him to.

I really hate to threaten Jaden with the cane. I really hate to shout at the little boy. I think kids should enjoy their childhood, have a happy one where smiles are plastered over mummy's , daddy's and baby's face but with Jaden doing all these dangerous stunts, HOWWWWWWW lah not to cane him?

Funny thing is that whenever Jaden cries, or he falls down and have a boo boo, I tend to leave him alone to cry himself satisfied and let him be ok on his own. Unless its a big fall that I know hurts a lot, then only I will go and check out the pain and see if he needs medical attention but usually, I will just leave him to cry himself out.. so one thing good about Jaden is that he only cries for a few seconds, 1 minute the most and then he forgets about it and goes about his other naughty stunts...


The difference is that he behaves better when its just me and him at home or anywhere out there. When the father is around, all hell breaks loose. Its true! *sigh*

Sometimes after all the whacking, scolding, I look at Jaden and he smiles back at me, kisses me and mommy is forgiven, I feel like a twat! All I want to tell him is that despite all these beatings and scoldings, I love him very very much!

i am such a twat twat twat!

No comments: