Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Our Meal Today

Woke up earlier than both the boys today because I had an errand to run early in the morning. There goes another good day of sleep for me. *gRin* When I came home, Hubby was already up from bed. Thankfully I bought breakfast/lunch back for both of us. We ate, he went and showered and after ironing his shirt, I thought I wanted to lie down. I did not even hear him come out from the shower or leave the house. I was already deep in slumber dreaming away beside Jaden.

Jaden woke up at 1230pm, which also means that it is time for me to wake up together with Jaden. I only got about 45 minutes of sleep then... * y a w n **

After feeding Jaden his cereals, I went on about to prepare the ingredients to cook for dinner. The pork and the minced chicken was defrosted earlier so I just have to marinate both the spareribs and minced chicken. Then I cooked the chicken stock with carrots on the side to sweeten the stock to pour into the slow cooker together with the rice and marinated minced chicken with bits of corn here and there (the boy loves it).

After settling the boy's porridge, I went on to prepare ours. Washed thoroughly the spareribs and marinated them with soya sauce and pepper, cut up the lotus root and put the pot of water to a boil. On the dinner menu today was lotus roots spareribs soup with red dates. The soup turned out not too salty, not too bland. The red dates really compliment the taste of the soup.


While waiting for the soup to cook, I washed the four angled beans carefully, stripped them off whatever that is not supposed to be there and then cut them into small strips. Diced up some garlic and chilli padi.


I stir-fried the four angled beans in belachan, some dried shrimps to go with it. It was good.. It sure did taste better than the first time I attempted this dish.

Hubby came home in time to cook his tauki-taufupok dish in oyster sauce and garlic. That is also one yummy dish, which I cleaned the plate empty.


So there, the three dishes for dinner tonight.

Jaden finished his whole bowl of porridge as well. Thinking if tomorrow he is feeling better, prolly will try pasta for him instead of porridge in case he gets bored or eek-ed out with it. Got to change the menu every now and then for kids.



As for his health, he is getting better. He is still sweating out lots, runny nose not that bad anymore. It is still there but it has recovered quite a bit. Just that when he coughs, I can still hear the phlegm in there. The wheezing however is out of the system. GOOD! *phew* Still keeping him in the house though so that he can recover 100%.

Will start on The Time Traveller's Wife soon, maybe in Penang... and speaking of Penang, I must start planning for the packing for a week long of clothes -both Jaden and mine. BAH and the diapers! Am thinking whether if I could start to toilet train him back in Penang.. maybe I will just do that. *gRin*

I have just finished reading My Sister's Keeper and I totally hate it. I hate it because it made me cry like a girl got dumped by her first love. I hate it that the book had me 'living' with it, breathing the same air as the characters and then suddenly it toyed with your emotions leaving you dissatisfied. Aarrrgghh... but c'est la vie.


No comments: