Thursday, July 2, 2009

SnatchThief at Uptown Damansara

This happened right in front of my eyes and just had my heart dropped and legs gone jello.

I mean, why do they do what they do?

Ladies beware! This took place at the pavement of the parking lot (the empty land converted into parking lots) opposite Public Bank at Uptown Damansara.

I was just going to park my car at this empty slot by the roadside so my mother could go down to PBB to update her bank book but as I was just going to manevour my car into the space, something not right caught my eye.

Why was the motorcycle moving and the pillion rider has not even got up the bike? In fact, he was running after the bike as if the bike is leaving him behind. Then a woman came out of nowhere, struggling with him holding on to her bag for dear life and I could see some people running towards her already. I was also all ready geared up to want to drive out and bang the motorcyclist down but the thought of my mother and son in the car would have been a dangerous situation and these days, these death-deserving snatch thieves are armed and will not hesitate to kill if they have to so that stopped me right in my tracks.

Luckily the woman got her bag back and she was unharmed but I can imagine her trauma because I had the same thing happened to me back in my college days. The fat snatch thief then came up behind me just to snatch my handphone from me, which had me clambered on to his bike as well, hitting him and trying to snatch my phone back, resulting in some bruised hip and bleeding but well, if I were any wiser then, I would have just let the phone go.. so back to the woman.

I saw her patting herself, calming herself down and could see the fear in her. I hope she goes over to the police station to report the case. Anyway just for you guys to be beware, the snatch thieves usually ride in partners. The back guy will be the one doing the dirty work, they usually will have the postman bag around them. Dunno if it is to keep the wallets they rob, or parangs and knives but well, do look out and always always have your bag close to your heart. Hold them around you like some precious and not swing around or hold it like you are walking on a runway coz that will just make you an easy target to rob!

I pray none of you will ever have to go through this type of unwarranted trauma!

Seriously, like Joy says, Don't anyone work anymore these days?

Becareful k, when you girls are especially alone... o.Oh and do read here and here too, for the cases happened in Bangsar and Medan Damansara. Snatch-thief cases will happen anywhere so just be street smart!

o.Oh and in the end, I told my mother we will just update the book another day and drove back home instead...

No comments: