Wednesday, June 3, 2009

eMs, a BAD parent =)

Sometimes one really have to be the 'bad' parent so the kid does not cross boundaries.

I am the so-called 'bad' parent and I am the one who holds the power to whack Jaden.

Just today, I fed him porridge and after a few mouthfuls, he started his nonsense by pushing the whole thing out of his mouth, dripping onto his neck, shirt, chair and everywhere if he decides to play with food.

*piak* goes on to his arm...

Then I quickly wipe whatever he spitted out and continue with the feeding. This time staring into his eyes and telling him in a stern voice that he has to finish the bowl of porridge I am holding and he won't be able to get down from the chair if he does not finish it.

Another spoon fed, and the same nonsense repeated.

*piak piAK* a little harder than the first spank he got on his arms.

I wiped the mess again and proceeded to try to feed him again this time telling him in a louder voice to not do any of these nonsense as there will be nobody here to save him from the porridge unless he finishes it on his own.

His arms were already red with finger marks. My heart ache looking at it but well, what has to be done has to be done! I only spank him on his hands and thighs because I believe nobody should be slapped because you never know what injury might occur after a slap.. especially to a child.

He takes it spoon after spoon, whined at first but relented and well, soon he finished the bowl and I happily wiped his mouth, gave him his water and now he is shitting it all out! *sigh*

It does work on a child when you are the 'bad' parent.

Even after a few spankings on the thighs when he climbs the table to reach the DVD player or the DVD cupboard.. he is scared when I approach him when he stands on the table. He knows he is not allowed to do it.. and he looks at me first before he attempts his stunts.

Trust me if it was his father, it will be endless bullying from the son. Can you imagine a child defeating the Bald one? *gRin*

I win hands down in good disciplinary parenting in the house!!! WOO HOOOOOOO~

3 comments:

tanshuyin said...

haha...yesyes...usually mum is the BAD one! ;)
next time i think i will be the BAD one too ;(

firefly said...

i gues being the bad parent at the moment willbring you heartache seeing his reddish arms and thighs because of the slapping but girl, when he grows up to live his life full, he will be thankful to the bad parent....and you will be a proud bad parent...hahaha...dunno if this makes sense or not...especialy when the advise is coming out from an "old maid"

blubbieMs said...

I guess most mummies are the bad parent! HAHAHAH but when they grow up to be teenagers, mummies will be the bestfriend compared to the daddies!!

Hmm.. interesting theory Ms. Ho! hehehe