Monday, May 4, 2009

Jaden caught it too

The little one, despite having the vaccination taken, was not spared of the chicken pox. It has finally hit him and spots are appearing more and more on his body.

The vaccine prolly did help make it look milder but it is still too early to tell. Shall see how these two/three days go. Just hoping that it will be much better than the father's situation.

I have been making sure Jaden drink lots of water. Can't give him coconut or chrysanthemum as he don't like sweetened stuff, which is actually good. Funny how I thought most kids love everything sweet but my boy here avoids ice-cream, vitagen and all sorts. Maybe once in a while he will come and taste the ice-cream, or take in carrot juice but other than that, he usually covers his mouth when we try to let him taste what we are eating.

I guess Jaden contracted it from his father when the father got it and it was incubating in him, and finally like after 2 weeks, the chicken pox decided then to show itself out now. Well, the adults will say better now than later but I am scared the little one will go scratch if it itches. Think I better get a bottle of Vitamin E oil ready to apply on him once he recovers. OMG! I am more concerned about his looks than him himself but he will thank me for it in future. I know he will... *wink*

So now, the boy will be quarantined at home, which also means me as the mother, too is quarantined. Its not like hubby's case where both Jaden and I could still go out and have fun while the father is treating his own chicken pox.. hehehe.. but I have no complaints really. I mean, if it was not for the like 5 months early plans of attending WeiWei's wedding, I would have taken good care of hubby at home. Well, I guess hubby would prefer me to take extremely good care of Jaden instead and now, with the chicken pox hitting the small one, my chances of whacking him when he does something naughty is like down to 1%. *sigh* See how the father spoils his son?

Its only 830am at the moment and I am already up and about. Can't sleep back despite falling asleep only at about 3am. Just waiting now for my meat to defrost so I can cook lunch for the boys.

Will be taking Jaden to the doctor in the evening to see if he needs to eat any anti-viral meds and get any lotion ready to combat the itch... and will also be going TV-shopping! Whoopie!

Hubby have an el-classico case with the TV when he was watching the so-called el-classico football match on Sat late night 3am match Real Madrid - Barcelona. He then came into the room to tell me at about 430am that the TV dieded on him and cannot be revived anymore. So well.. guess its time to get a new one and ooh.. 42" it shall be.. So so so very excited to go home electronic shopping!


No comments: