Friday, December 19, 2008

I am finally 21

This is the second time round I am celebrating my birthday as a wife and mother to this SimonYap clan, which I now belong to. The older SY took me to a 'much objected location of the shop' to buy me a birthday cake (much objected because he wasn't dressed up to suit that location, not because he didn't want to buy from that shop...) and just minutes before the clock striked 12, he heated up the satay sticks from dinner leftovers and took out the cake from the box, planted a candlestick ready and waited.

Ice-Cream cake from Baskin Robbins

Jaden, while we were busy at the kitchen, he was busy supervising. (more to kaypo-ing) and was so intrigued when the father started playing with dried ice.



The clock striked 12. Hubby sang me the customary Birthday song. Jaden looked on as if it was his birthday. I made a wish. I blew the candle. Jaden looked jaded at the cake, afterall he gets a cake with a candle each month. He must be thinking it was one of his days that he gets a cake AGAIN...


*muax*


Lets stop for a minute and think what is it that you have achieved in your 21 years of existence mommy!


The SimonYap clan


My birthday started off rather a quiet affair. Mom was fast asleep in her room.

We all went to bed at about 230am. Jaden had a rather long nap, that explains his refusal to sleep in early for the night. After much tossing and turning, some child bullying in the room, we all fell asleep nearly at 4am. At least Jaden and I did. I don't know much about Hubby tho.

I jumped up at 11am sharp. Checked my phone and ITS NOT COOL trying to CALL ME AT 530am IN THE MORNING GWEN, WHEN SUNLIGHT STILL CANT BE SEEN FROM MY WINDOW! NOT COOL! But I do appreciate it.. You know I will do the same to you on your birthday too right? Bestfriends forever! *muah*

Mom gave me a red packet. I have yet to open it. Maybe I shall keep it unopened and leave it till the curiousity gets the better out of me. Afterall, whatever mom gives, her thoughts and heart is what that matters most to me.

Then there was two sms from my girlfriends. One who promised me that she will meet up with me one day before 2010 comes. The other, I guess was just too excited to have her boyfriend around, wasting no time to bring him out makan makan jalan jalan KL streets. Thanks Vee Mei for the well wishes. As for Joy, well, she had better remember.. if not BAN lah dari rumah aku! =) I love her. How can anyone not love Joy Lee?

Now I am just waiting for all the birthday happenings to begin. Well, it already begun with my tummy churning so bad, that one has to RUSH inside the toilet and PLANT herself there for some time. Some fabulous start to a birthday, don't you think so? *gRin*

The preparation


All made up now.. but oops.. still have to blowdry hair...


TaDah! I am done! =) What do you think? Nobody will accuse me of going out to scare people now?


The whole SimonYap clan and my mother went out to TGI Fridays to have my birthday dinner meal. Just because I was tempted by the Travel & Living's programme on the introduction of steaks around USA. I had sirloin while Hubby had ribs. Mom had whitefish which she liked but both Hubby and I were rather disappointed with TGI Fridays @ Curve tho. His beef ribs looked as if the cow was starved.. there was not much meat for the price they were charging. As for me, I didn't like the fact that the moment you put your fork and knife down to have a sip of drink, they quickly want to take your plate away. Actually it was just this one waitress lah but still... not nice right.. I damn pantang loh...


While waiting for our food to arrive...



to our much disappointment in the skinny meatless ribs


This time this year, Jaden was the main person to be in all pictures for the customary shots of the Christmas decorations @ The Curve. I must say, the decorations are so much more nicer than Midvalley's. Have to forgive me for some blur looking pictures as something had happened to the lens, my camera is no longer functioning the way it should be. *sigh*


*take 1*


*take 2*
Daddy, you are tickling me!!


The light of my life


Mommy, there is something on your face...


Joy and Marc came over then at about 1030pm to have the last round of my birthday celebration with me. So touched by their willingness to come all the way back here after having being @ The Curve earlier in the day, then home to Subang and making another round back just to spend it with me. Jaden seems to be fascinated with Marc, stealing glances here and there, seducing Marc all the way. He only does it with someone new he has not met before. Its either he likes you or he just don't want to be close to you. Guess he accepts Marc. You heard me Joy! He accepts your boyfriend!
APPROVED BY JADEN!

We opened a bottle of wine... talked a bit, then off we went down to Old Town to complete the day with my favourite bowl of Asam Laksa and a Ice Blended White Milk Tea... aaahhh Nice~

To end the day with a bang*, the two most precious ppl in my life.. the ones that make it complete...





On another note, I would like to say Thank you to all those that remembered and wished me well.
VeeMei.Joy.GaietyBlurAnn.Marc.Sean.Jason.Gwen.SChee.PChern.Dennis.Janice.WaiLoon.Evon.WeiWei.SueKingKong.SteveKumar.NaiYee...
Thank you!

So yea, I am finally 21. *phew*

No comments: