Monday, August 11, 2008

A shield I need DESPERATELY

I remember 9 months ago when PChern asked me over MSN if breastfeeding is painful because she heard so. I then, quickly replied her OF COURSE NOT.. DON'T BE SILLY until two days ago. IT IS PAINFUL WHEN HE DECIDES TO BITE YOUR NIPPLE WHILE YOU BREASTFEED HIM.

Yes! My son has gone to this phase of biting me whenever he feels playful or he just wants to test my reaction. Of course, I would scold him really loudly " NO! " only to be replied either with a cheeky smile or loud pitiful cries as if I have just abused him. Then I would pull myself away from him and not feed him until he is desperate for milk again. Guess I will be repeating this step quite often until he gets the message. Hey! Try having someone to clamp his teeth down on your nipple hard and you tell me whether you scream? *sigh* Now breastfeeding is rather becoming scary to me. I don't really look forward to breastfeeding him anymore just because I am scared. BUT I am going to try with the nipple shield on. Just to see if he still bites. At least thats the best I could do to breastfeed him and don't feel the direct sharp bite down on to the skin...

On another note, my sister gave birth lo a healthy 3.68kg baby boy last Wed. The little boy was supposed to be due tomorrow but guess he wants out early unlike Jaden. Can't wait to visit the new mother and baby son, Jaden's cousin!

No comments: