Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Big Day


April 28th 2007 marked a very significant date in my life. My status as a single girl had changed to a married woman overnight. Everything happened very fast. It seemed like only yesterday when he was at the glass door waiting to be let in for his interview. Two weeks later, I heard he was hired and the rest is history. How we grew close is funny. I actually hated his guts yet I admired his determination, his smartass jokes. Lunch together became dinner. Dinner became movie dates and then, it became us.

April 28th 2007 also showed me my friends who loves me and were there for me –the prewedding (all the plannings and what-to-do and what-nots ) and during the wedding. It was wonderful to have people who loves you surrounding you. You know who you are. Some of them came from all over, sacrificing their leaves to celebrate this day with me. Some of them changed their flight just to make sure that one special day is for me and only me. Some of them rushed down on the very same day right after their work. I know all these are tiring and I really appreciate what you guys have done for me. Without you guys, the day would have felt a little empty. I LOVE YOU PEEPS!

It has been 2 weeks since the wedding. Married life is overrated it seemed. Our lives are back to normal routine, work, eat, sleep, work, eat, sleep.. an occasional outing with friends and back to work again. Just probably additional family members and family events to add on to our calendar and life. Remembering that now, not only you have your own parents to take care of, you have your in-laws too.

It was indeed the happiest day of my life at this very moment. Being able to be married to him is one of the best thing to happen to me. I am grateful that he is my hubbie and no one else.


No comments: