Thursday, March 26, 2015

Staying alive

Life is very fragile. One minute you are here, the other minute, you might no longer cease to exist.

An acquaintance I got to know a few years back, had passed away due to Denggi fever on Monday. It was just over the weekend, or a few days before the weekend, he has been updating his status on facebook rather often, stating his blood platelets are dropping and it just kept dropping and how he felt so cold. 

Both him and his son has caught the Denggi fever and had been admitted to the hospital. Luckily, his son recovered soon enough and got discharged. However, it was a total opposite fate written for him.

This got me in tears. In fact, I am not even that close of an aquaintance, but the virtue by just knowing him, and that his newsfeed kept popping up on my timeline, and it is always funny as he is a very jovial man with a good sense of humor. The news was really unexpected and most of his friends really thought he was trying to pull an April Fool's joke on everybody.. which for once, we would have hope it was all a joke despite being a bad tasting one. 

I hope he rest in peace and that the family will find peace with his passing in time to come. I am very sure, although he might have wished his life did not have to end that way, he would have rather it him than his son. 

Anyway, to cut the story short, please count your blessings everyday. For every day we are above ground, we should make the best of each day God gives to us. You never know what may happen the next minute. Life is that fragile. 

I try, my very best, to be grateful to be alive. I am, despite situations I get myself in does not stand in my favor. 

No comments: