Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Happenings

Jaden started his first day of school in a kindergarten. 

Finally, the day that I have waited for so long for Jaden has come true.

He is attending a neurotypical children's kindergarten but when it comes to academic learning, he gets a special 1-to-1 attention with another special needs child in a separate classroom.

The time that he gets to spend with other children are during playtime, music, arts and living skills learning time.

So far, he seems ok, adapting well to the new schedule although the first day of school had been super rough and heartbreaking.

After his first day of school and the endless crying, biting the teacher and just refusing to comply, I send in one of his ABA therapist to shadow him for the next two days and also to help the teacher in understanding Jaden.

All those went really well and now, the teachers have come to a mutual understanding with Jaden, although he would still want to test them from time to time but, since they have experience dealing with children like Jaden, it was quite an easy transition.

In fact, Jaden has learned quite a bit from school. He has learned how to clean up his own mess, say thank you (but at the moment, only when you ask him to say it) and he made some beautiful art pieces (only beautiful to the parents' eyes, of course!) and baked some cookies from school.

Other than Jaden attending school, the SimonYap clan also welcome a new 'family member'. Little Monster has a new friend now, which I nicknamed 'Fatty'. 

Fatty comes in a shape of a hatchback kinda, sparkling bronze with havaina leather and everything auto. 

Yes, Fatty is our new car, supposedly a birthday present for me from Hubby but I see it as his very own birthday present, his very first car. 

Fatty is a biiiiig contrast compared to my Little Monster. Little Monster is everything manual and tiny while Fatty is the complete opposite and its took me quite a while to handle Fatty.

I am still not used to Fatty yet, especially when it comes to parking. Me and my pride in being able to park perfectly with Little Monster, now, I turned dumb when it comes to parking with Fatty. *sigh*

BUT I am sure, practice makes perfect and one day, I shall have that parking perfect pride back. :p

No comments: