Sunday, December 2, 2012

Beauty of Marriage

Attended a much needed wedding.




To remind me the beauty of marriage after having going through a few shared experiences from friends and family of where the union went spiralling down after a few years ...

In fact, I nearly became a skeptic towards that very word "M" and having to sit through what I thought was one of the most beautiful, intimate wedding of year 2012 made me realize that it is a wonderful thing afterall.

For the first time, I opened up and listened.






Listened to what Jo An's pastor had to preach about marriage. 

Marriage being an institution where one will never stop learning from each other.

Every day there will be something new to learn and discover about one another and that a marriage is no longer just emotions and feelings because these things do die off after a while.






What makes a strong marriage would be the 7 Cs in life and no, I am not talking about our usual Cash, Credit Card, Cars, Condominium etc ...

I am talking about:-


  • Commitment 
  • Communication
  • Consideration 
  • Caring 
  • Cooperation 
  • Compromising
  • Confidentiality

I wished I had someone to guide and counsel me before we plunged into our marriage. I really find it useful, inspiring and with those very words, makes me believe in the beautiful union of two people becoming one once again.

Inspired me to come home to my husband and tell him that I love him and I thank him for everything, best of all, giving me a beautiful boy whom I call my son.

Cutting the story short from last night, I attended my college friend's wedding. Jo An's wedding.









She has been going out with her beau for 14 years and their love for each other is beyond commendable. 


They make every young couple in the room jealous with their marriage vows and their pledged love for each other since the day they began this thing call LOVE.

Every inch and part of their wedding was well-planned, simple and intimate. Very intimate. 

Very beautiful.







Every moment of their wedding blessing ceremony brought tears to my eyes. Really, I almost forgotten the day I said those very same vows, till death do us part ... 

Feeling refreshed and inspired, I vow never to ever forget the reason why I joined hands with him, and walked down this path together and will try my very best to make this marriage work till the end by applying the 7Cs into it too ..






Thank you Jo An & William for inviting me to your wedding and allowing me to be humbled and inspired by your love for one another. 


No comments: