Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Congratulations Mrs Ham

Dear Joy,

We have known each other for about 10 years now and it all began with the most cheesy cliche pickup line of, "Have I seen you somewhere before?"

Yes, you probably would have, the bus rides that brought us closer.

How we observed that there will always be this man who will always sit at the very same spot in the bus, how we sat far away from your little brother who is now not so little anymore and of course, the sardine-packed moments where the bus driver tries to be funny and is very generous with his jam-brakes. 

It had been a real joy knowing you, having you in my life.

The days of stringing along helium balloons on your birthday at pasar malam, very much an envy to the children. Celebrating your very first college birthday at the LICT student lounge.  

We have had our fair share of drama and you are always there to save me. Yes, you have always mostly been my savior. From Bangsar toilets, puking in front of people's house and our many visits to different police stations to running away from receiving flowers. That was one epic moment for both of us, our immediate response to a simple, "HELLO" we heard right outside your gate. 

Our favourite lunch and meal in college days were the RM1 puri and fries dipped in mayo from Bombay. Us, trying our best to scrimp so we can have enough for our assignments. 

How from four original aunties -Sonia Faith you and I to more aunties, that well, became one of us too. I think it must be a success on our part to turn that pessimistic woman into somebody optimistic, well, at least she is when she is with us or else, we should have just pushed her under that train track that very night. 

The joy of us, 8 squeezing into a car and going to club the night away. 

I believed that there are times I might have really disappointed you but I am glad we worked things out in the end. 

I am sorry I laughed at you when I heard you sprained your ankles just by going down those three steps.

I am sorry I asked you to hurry across the busy Sunway FAT MAIN ROAD when, erm.. you had a bad ankle.

I appreciate how you took me in at your place and vice versa. That too, had stories on their own -creepy ones and also funny ones, shared together with Z and Lu. 

They say how friendship will slowly cease, sizzle out after we leave for the working world but no, you and I remain the same, despite how far we are apart from each other. 

I have never got to meet your previous boyfriends but that does not matter because the very boyfriend you showed to me, when I was in labor, is now your loving husband.

You are like a sister from another mother to me. You have always been there for me for all my important moments of my life and I hope I can be there for you too because I just want to. No reasons. I love you and will always do. (thats what I always tell you, eh?)

I appreciated it that you came to both my wedding dinner and the ROM, which was crazily early in the morning when you have got to rush to work right after that, how you came and stayed with me while I was in labor and massaging my legs that I could not feel at all, which was just plain funny. How you got to hear Jaden's very first cry when he came into this world and you were even there for me after my surgery, when I was all alone in the hospital. 

I am truly happy for both you and Marc, that you both took the next step into the next chapter in life. Marc has never ever looked happier in any other times when he said I do and signed those life contract papers.

Thank you for allowing me into your life, for letting me be able to be part of your big day moment and I pray that I get to be there to help massage your legs back one day. Next year, perhaps?

Anyway, I shall end this post by saying once again, 

Joy Lee-Ham, you are one of the most beautiful girl I know, inside out and I hope you will have a blessed marriage and well, grow old together with the man that is so in love with you.

Congratulations to you both, Mr and Mrs Marc Ham.




xoxo
Emily Loo

No comments: