Saturday, September 3, 2011

Mid Autumn love

I am one person that is actually proud to be a Chinese. I love all the festivals we have in our culture (except for the Hungry Ghost Month) but other than that, I think I love all the others as they always have awesome food to go with it.

There is no denying that I am a humongous fan of mooncakes -traditional /double egg-yolks / snowskins but yea, the moment I see them in their pretty molded skin, with the savouries inside, its like discovering treasures when I pop them into my mouth.




Hubby, since being with me, has discovered that I am such a big fan of mooncakes, I will 'mengamuk' if I don't get at least one to eat during the 8th month of Chinese calendar. So, being a smart one, he will always try to get me a box to let me slowly savour it. Jaden loves them too, when he was still not on the diet... he actually practically loves eating whatever both Hubby and I love. Truly our child.




What really touched me this year is what my dad did.




Passing over one big box of mooncakes for me through my cousins, he told them that I love mooncakes. Ten years since I left home and he still remembers my love for mooncakes. That was what that touches me most and with every bite I sink my teeth into the mooncakes he gave me, it makes me cry with happiness and gratitude.




It makes me miss both my parents so much who greatly understands me in and out, my preference for which food, what I like and not like... they could judge from my expressions, even if it is not plastered on my face what I am feeling and will always try to make me feel better. They are still continuously baby-ing me despite me heading to my 30s real soon...


I guess, what I learnt through our Chinese culture is that we should treasure our family most. There is nothing compared to family love and that no matter what, our parents will always love us despite who we are, what we are when others don't.

Of course, I appreciate the mooncakes that Hubby got for me too. It is these small little efforts and thoughts that really could etched a deep memory in me. Something that will make me remember a lifetime.

I hope that I will be able to instill these Chinese culture -family respect into Jaden as he grows up. I want him to be able to have a happy childhood memory about celebrating these Chinese festivals like me, because I believed that when you have happy celebrations like these with your family growing up, you will grow up being closer to your family and proud of being Chinese and part of its culture!

No comments: