Friday, June 3, 2011

Baby Fever

Yesterday, baby boy's mood was rather cranky. He would seem to cry for no apparent reason. At first I thought he might have not got used to his grandmother being here with us but then, when I touched his palms at night, it was warm and that is how I could tell that baby boy was down with fever.

It is one sure way to confirm if baby boy is sick because his palms will be really warm, followed by his forehead.

The sick boy was sticking to me like glue the entire time he was not feeling well. Holding on to my hands, hugging me to sleep and making sure I was staying in sight of him. The moment I get out of sight, he would come finding for me.

Luckily my parents are here with me.

My mother is an angel for helping me cook a whole pot of yummy chicken porridge for the boy and also making sure the house is comfortably clean.

My dad was put in-charge to helping me take care of Jaden, seated at the backseat of my car when I was driving him to see the paedaetrician and keeping Jaden out of the sun. The heat is crazy today!

Well, I need not even have to say how both my parents have been chasing Jaden with drinking water each opportunity they can get. Its a good thing because Jaden really needs to drink lots and lots of water.

I did have the suppository at hand last night but since Jaden woke up with really flushed cheeks and quite warm a temperature at the forehead, I decided its best to take him to consult with a paed as tomorrow is a public holiday and should the condition did not improve today, I would have been a headless chicken tomorrow trying to source for medicine for Jaden.

Had a big runaround going to two paed's clinic only to find them closed! Pissed the shit out of me and thats when I decided to take Jaden to TMC's paed instead. Hospital paeds are a plenty and they don't close for holidays right? Well. luckily I took Jaden to see the paed.. if not, I also wont know that Jaden's temperature is heating up till 38.9 .... *sigh*

Poor boy.. from 19kg, he has dropped right back to 17kg, which is quite worrying for me. He is not supposed to be losing weight. Oh boy! I really feel like a failure mother, not being able to make sure Jaden stays healthy when Hubby is away from home.

Will continue to monitor Jaden really closely tonight again. Please let the boy recover as soon as possible. Can't bear to see him sick like that. Breaks my heart real bad! :(

No comments: