Monday, April 11, 2011

Missing for some time now eh?

Lots of things have been happening around me but I just could not bring myself to blog about everything. Somehow the laziness caught up with me or maybe because certain things are just not meant to be shared over here and then, that kills my purpose of blogging.

Its a month half since Jaden started his therapy classes and things are looking positive. This month though, one of his regular therapists went for a 10 days break which means Jaden missing class. Luckily, the program supervisor managed to get another therapist in to fill at least two days, and we got ourselves a third therapist who will come in on Monday and Thursday afternoons so Jaden would no longer have a three-day weekend but working his mind 5 days a week.

I have been sourcing for therapy toys here and there, as required by the program, hopefully which will help Jaden progress even more in his journey towards recovery.

Finding myself slacking off in his bio-med department, I thought I would make a chart list of his supplements so that I can keep count on which one is finishing , noting +/- reactions from him as his stimming is back. Its a little disturbing as the stimming went away and now that its back, I must have done something wrong in the biomed department.

I am starting to up his cod liver oil intake to twice a day now as his eye contacts are now starting to regress a little. *sigh* I am starting to get paranoid again now.. will we ever see the light at the end of the tunnel? hmm..

We havent reached the one year mark in this pad of ours and Jaden has already destroyed quite a few things. *shakes head* It looks as if we have been here for a decade or more now, with Jaden's new interior designs! We so need his kai-yeh and newlywed wife to come over and correct these 'art' done by the little one!

One thing that really showed Hubby and I that Jaden has grown a little more aware now. It was really cute to see him go after Cheeko and Cheekie and attempt to pet them, yet hes afraid whenever they hop away from him. Cheeko, the male rabbit of course, would be hopping away and trying to avoid Jaden while Cheekie, the female one is just too patient with Jaden and will lie flat and let him pat her.. only that Jaden tends to be a little strong handed, not knowing how to control his own strength and Hubby is so scared that he might press her bones too hard! But it sure was nice to see him trying to interact with them after soooooo long of ignoring their presence. He, too, likes to look at fishes and dogs now.. maybe because of the wagging tail.

So what else is happening around in my life? hmm..

I went to Singapore in the first week of April and got to meet up with my lovely girlfriends from Penang. We had a few drinks catching up together and boy, it was fun for me. It was quite a breather for me to take a short break away from Jaden after a while. Eisen was kind enough to come to the airport to company me down to town to meet up with the girls. So who is Eisen? Another Penangite whom I have known since school days. Its like a mini Penangite gathering with a few other friends from my girlfriends' side. I missed those two girls already as soon as my plane left back for KL but I, also cant wait to see my boy back at home.

Hubby will be off on a boy's trip cum business trip to Taiwan real soon. I am happy for him that he finally decide to take a break for himself after working so hard for the last few years, earning money to ensure that the SimonYap clan lead a decent life. So I am very thankful for all that hes done for the family and the trip abroad is well deserved. Actually it would mean a week of peace for me too lah.. LOL

SO this is about how my life is going at the moment.. I am hoping once I get Jaden's doc appointment confirmed and off I go to see my girls again in Sg and of course, how can I not anticipate the arrival of my bestfriend coming back from Australia... for crabbing sessions! Mmmm...

No comments: