Thursday, January 13, 2011

Breast Mouse?

Sometimes I feel a sharp pain in my chest, sometimes right at the breast.

I didn't suspect anything but just felt weird why would I be having these needle sharp pain from time to time.

I shrugged it off and I also delayed my pap smear tests for about 3 years since I gave birth to Jaden. I think I only did it once after a month or two after giving birth to Jaden and kept giving myself excuses that I won't be needing to do pap smear once a year.

Then, lately, just about two three months ago, I felt really bad pain at one side of my breast and it hurt so bad, it would practically wake me up from sleep.

Two months went by and I just thought it was due to hormones, aunty flo visits thus the swelling feeling but then again, when it hurts, I can really feel the lump which is rather obviously big.

This time round, coming into my third month, I decided to wait no more. The lumps are starting to scare me and so I quickly made an appointment with my gynae to have my pap smear done and also an ultrasound breast screening.

Yes, you heard me. Why an ultrasound on the breast rather than mammogram? Well.. mammo is actually much more suitable for women 40 and above as it requires compression, which in one doctor's words "Its gonna be one hell of a pain! Don't do it now that we are still young and the boobs aint saggy yet!"

So I took the doctor's advice and asked for a breast ultrasound instead.

While my gynae checked my lump for me, a female nurse is present in the same room and well, my gynae said the lump felt quite big and hard but should be non-cancerous. That was also what my doctor friend told me about breast cancer lumps actually don't hurt. So what I am going through now is probably a breast mouse. My gynae then told me that I probably would only need to have it surgically removed to be safe. He then, wrote me a referral letter to his surgical colleague and arranged an appointment for me to meet the other doctor this coming Monday.

Oh boy! Surgical? Now that is scaring me but if that is what it takes to bring me home healthy and able to take care of my son without worrying further, then surgical it is!

and the best thing right now is that my son sometimes headbang right onto the spot where it hurts the most when he throws tantrum. *sigh* how la to keep the pain away like that?

I hope when Monday comes, the doctor will be able to tell me what the lump is exactly and what is the next step I should be taking... wish me luck, will ya?

2 comments:

tanshuyin said...

i have lumps on my breasts too. i removed one, but then came another few. some docs recommend me to remove them. some juz asks me to monitor them.
for now, they are juz being KIV.

blubbieMs said...

Was it a morning go in, afternoon go back type of removal? Did yours hurt as well? Oh boy.. how was the mini surgery like?