Thursday, November 26, 2009

Recipe from Linaree

After a day or two of not cooking, I got into the mood of wanting to try a new dish recommended by Linaree. Of all people, I asked Linaree for a recipe and she said she got to save the MSN message of me asking her for it. =) I didn't exactly follow step by step with her steps of cooking the dish but the ingredients are there.


Minced Pork & Egg Plants in Chilli Bean Paste




First I put the garlic in and fry them till they turn a little brown, put in the minced pork and a few diced chilli padi and let it cook a bit before putting in the chilli bean paste.

Let both the sauce and meat simmer together, no need to add salt already as the chilli bean paste is salty enough. Sprinkled a little pepper on the meat tho.

When the meat looks like its all cooked and infused with the paste, put in the egg plant and stir them around, till they are also covered with the sauce.

Fry them a little longer before pouring in a little water, own estimation though so that the meat and egg plant can stew together for the taste to come together.

It would be salty so I put in half a teaspoon of sugar to balance up the taste and let it stew. I

ts ready to serve once the eggplants are soft enough to eat. =)
Garnish it with spring onions if you wanna make the dish look pretty.

My next two dishes are Roasted Duck Stir-Fried with Garlic and two different types of fried eggs. One for Hubby and I and the other for Jaden. Guess which one is ours?



Roasted Duck Stir-Fried with Garlic




Fried Onion Eggs
& Cheese Omelette



What do you think of these dishes? Its a public holiday tomorrow and I can't wait for it. Got a movie to catch! *gRin*

2 comments:

linaree said...

what dya mean of all ppl you asked the recipe from linaree??

I can cook now wokehhh!!

your dishes look delicioussssss

blubbieMs said...

LOL.. well, I have never tasted your cooking before but it must be good judging from the way you say and the effort put in.. I am sure ur a natural.. must ask baking recipes from you soon once I get my oven. hehehehhehe but still in my list to ask somebody for chinese dish recipe, it would still refer to of all people, linaree... LOL muah!