Sunday, November 22, 2009

Misbehaving and New Dish for Dinner

Jaden woke up earlier than usual today, before me, at about 830am and started rolling around till I could not take it anymore. I finally took him outside to the living room at about 930am and quickly fed him his rice cereals.

Bathed him, then myself and we were out of doors at about 1120am. Hubby was supposed to come with us today but seeing him so deep immersed in his dreamland, we went ahead without him. I don't think he realized it either. *tee hee* He need the sleep to work his ass off later in the evening onwards till the next weekend comes anyway so oh wells, might as well just leave him be...

Jaden totally misbehaved today in class compared to the previous classes attended. It must be due to him getting sleepy, thus the grouchyness took over and it was all the way just him and the toys in class. He did not attempt much activities like his classmates. Today, there were two new boys who joined the class. One named Ashraf and the other Sean.

Ashraf was really well-behaved and Sean, well, somewhat just a tiny pinch better than Jaden in terms of behavior. Those two were snatching balls off each other.. *sigh* Sean took Jaden's ball after he dropped it and ran off with it. Jaden gave chase and Sean ran even faster. It was quite a funny sight but well, still have to be on my toes to keep both the boys away from each other should they end up fighting.

Bought cod fish from Jusco and I was really looking forward to try a new recipe and give Jaden some fish to eat. We have been eating meat, meat and meat and of course vege, but seafood is rarely rarely cooked in this house. Most people that knows me would know that I have a deep fear for fish. I can touch any parts of meat but when it comes to fish, I will eeked out like crazy. *shivers* But for the sake of my son, I braved myself to buy the cod fish, come home, washed it and attempt to cook it without it having any of those fishy smell.

I got the recipe from this website here, added cilantro and well, it turned out kind of well and Jaden loves it.. happy happy me! Want to see the outcome? Nah! =) Well.. it will be some time before I attempt to cook another fishy meal.. sticking to meat and vege is good for me at the moment.


My signature dish -brocolli and garlic



My Butter Garlic Cod Fish =)


My recipe? Not much different from the one I took from but I marinated the fish with salt, all Italian herbs, diced garlic and ginger, a slice of lime for the juice. Didn't have garlic powder in my kitchen so I just rub the fish with more diced garlic thats all. o.Oh make sure the fish is chilled and not frozen yah.. I heard from my friend that cooking frozen fish will emit out some kind of poison/toxic? as banned by the Ministry of Health in UK.. not sure about it but well, people say then don't do lah right?

Then I put in the butter, and then sauteed the garlic and ginger. After that, I put in the fish and pan-fried it for a minute or two before throwing in the curry leaves and a tablespoon of soya sauce. I put more than 5 leaves.. doesn't really matter. In fact, it made the dish more fragrant with more leaves. =)

Once the garlic, ginger and curry leaves looked brownish or a lil fried, I dished them out and put them aside and continued pan-frying the fish till golden brown. Then only when I finally put the fish in another plate, I poured the garlic, ginger and curry leaves on top of the fish and garnished it with coriander.

Wee!!!! There.. simple kan?

Looking forward to cooking my soba noodles soon but tomorrow, got to fix my craving and lunchtime with Xy.

Tomyummmyyum!



No comments: